"I finally get it"

Ivan

Lifetime Supporter
this thread is for us all to giggle at, but to all know that we will finally get it!!

my story is of my new nokia 5800, i bought it as i though the iphone was nice..... but useless (no bluetooth etc)
so i got it on 9th, opened it inserted my sim, installed the software on my PC etc........ carnt transfar files (music files.... its supposed to be a music phone!)........ final thoughts of that day ..... hmmm nokia sucks

yesterday (10th), i updated the phone, then my internet would just keep defaulting to WAP (i am pay as you go..... only because i dont use my phone alot), and i carnt get it to change back to WiFi. also i still carnt transfar music ...... final thoughts .... Nokia !£$£%*&*&*&*&*&**££$$~~~### bite me!!

today (11th) same as yesterday.... no wifi, and no music... so i hit google (you usually can find something to help), nothing of any help. i register on some part of Nokia's site (could be a developers part as i dont understand any thing... no i am not dumb, i like GT40's remember :thumbsup:), by this time i am thinking "send this useless pice of &*#@ back" ..... then finally, i get it.... one little tick box, in a menu i have never been to (dont ask where i carnt remember already lol) and thats it, the wifi is back.
At this point i am kinda glad but alittle annoyed it taken me more than 30secs to get this, and being only 28, i still have the gift of the understanding anything (you know what i mean) ..... soo i keep at it, then i realise the music transfar tool is useless, but the "ovi" tool rocks... i have music/video's etc etc all there ready for my enjoyment

all i can say is now is i am in heaven!! i love a good problem :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
I dunno either... but he did use the non-word "alot" just like Jamo does; so my guess is that he is taunting me! ;-)

Quite the story...

Modern phones are amazing eg: texting, that just blows me away. All that digital dexterity with it's risk of more serious acronyms and catchy names (RSI, tenosynovitis to name a couple). Luckily my magic telling-bone allows me to TALK to people who are not in the room with me - amazing!
As long as it can do that I don't give a toss what other acronyms it comes with.

I remember a time when those around me had time to relax in front of the stereo to listen to some good music, to sit down with a surprise phone call from far away and all of us had the gift of understanding the menu at the local restaurant... Ahhh those were the days...
Remind me again - why are things so much better now?

BTW is this an appropriate forum to be discussing ovi tools on?

;)

Tim.

Back