immatriculation in France

Hi Friends,

i am up to buy a GTD in France, but it seem's that there is no way to get an immatriculation to use it on an open roads in France.
can any one tell me if there is a legal way to get either an French Immatriculation or an immatriculation in Belgium or Luxembourg.

can i Use it in France, if i Have a real adress in UK ?

thank's in advance to help me to "join the club"

best regards

Franck

If you have an adress in UK i seriously recommend to keep car registration in UK on that adress, as long as car is registered in UK actually.
It may be also more helpfull when reselli the car in UK after.
Only issue is that you need to have your MOT (controle tecnique) once a year done in UK, have yr insurance in UK and pay a yearly Tax in UK trough a postal office.
If you want to go for a French resgistration, it seems a nightmare based on a lot of info i heardfrom the Coninental guys.
eamal me if i can be of any help.

Rgds
Fred

The trick usually consists of buying a car that has already been registered in the UK or Germany (or anywhere - USA for that matter). In order to avoid crash tests the 1st date of registration needs to be prior to 1998. To avoid catalytic converters you need a date of 1st registration prior to 1989.
If you get a car with a previous registration then just put on a wood face and have it registered. Don't tell anyone it's a kitcar. Just tell them it's an english sports car build by GTD.

Franck ,

if you buy a 2e hand car in EG (England, Belgium, Denmark), it is registrated in EG by its VIN-code.
So every country in EG has to exept the car that is coming from an other EG country ( even France).
Otherwise people from England could not drive in France with there cars.
I had the same problem, no civilservant from the RDW (the dutch DVLA) want to let my GTD registreded in NL.
I went to an importer of kitcars, which solved for me the question.

Regards,

Lucas

Back