Instrument spacing

I don't recall seeing any measurements anywhere for how far apart to space the instruments. Anyone got any clues on what the spacings should be? I suppose centre to centre for Tacho to the two either side, centre to centre for the other batch of 3 instruments, and some sort of reference measurement for the batch of 3 from centre of tacho?
Thanks

Lee, doesn't your dash have the raised/angled bits on the dash that the instruments go in ? On my dash the instruments can only go in these - obviously you can choose the order but not the spacing - do you mean the switches ?

Flat dash panel

Hi Paul
The DRB has a flat panel, with no raised, angled faces. Therefore I have fixed positions for Tacho and Speedo, but the rest, as they say, is a blank canvass so I can put anything anywhere. I just want to try to keep to the proper spacing for the gauges.
Cheers

I can take a few measurements if that helps you out. I'd have gone for even spacing but there is a gap where I put my hazard switch - will pics help you out ?

Paul
Yes, measurements is what I'm after if you could. I have pictures in the usual reference books, showing the layout, but nothing to indicate exactly how far apart they should be.
Cheers

Lee-
I have a RHD dash and here are the measurements I took this morning.

Measured from where the dash makes a turn to the speedo, the first gauge is 2 inches (50.8mm), the second and third gauges are 3-1/8" (79.4mm) center-to-center.

I have two gauges on either side of the tachometer. They are 3-3/8" (85.7mm) from the center of the tach.

I hope this helps
Bill D

Thanks very much Bill. That will allow me to get on with that now, although it won't be for a week or so. I guess the other 'preformed' dashes should be about the same. If anyone has any different measurements, please can you let me know within the next week.
Thanks

All of my measurements are from my Tacho - dead ahead of the steering wheel.
First 92mm to the right is my oil pressure.
85mm to the left is Engine temp.
153mm Hazard switch
220mm Voltmeter
300mm Tank 1
380mm Tank 2

Yes I know the guages either side of the Tacho are slightly different but that is the way the raised cowlings are set in the dash !
All measurement taken from guage centre to guage centre.

Back