Interior Door handle

Can anyone identify this interior door handle ?.... Both are damaged on an SL-C I am re-building.

Attachments

• 03.01.23 001.JPG
    03.01.23 001.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 222
agree, NA series Mazda MX5 door handles (the ones with the popup headlights) We had them on the later 1.8L engine car. Nor sure if the NB ones were the same which is the next generation.

I am Moving along with my project. Being the third owner of a yet to be completed car, there are many things to be tidied up / changed.
A lot of erroneous holes and things that "May have been a good idea at the time" !!!
Just looking at the hinging of the front clam - Thinking of modifying the curved arms to make them adjustable in the horizontal plane - eg along the axis of the car - and strengthen some way. Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 13.05.23 006.JPG
    13.05.23 006.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 139

Joel K

Supporter
I am Moving along with my project. Being the third owner of a yet to be completed car, there are many things to be tidied up / changed.
A lot of erroneous holes and things that "May have been a good idea at the time" !!!
Just looking at the hinging of the front clam - Thinking of modifying the curved arms to make them adjustable in the horizontal plane - eg along the axis of the car - and strengthen some way. Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated.

Murray,

Johan implemented a similar approach for the front hing. Post #122 shows how he added strength to the area...

Most builders are now are either buying the hinge from RCR that Bob designed or fabricate something similar…

Murray,

Johan implemented a similar approach for the front hing. Post #122 shows how he added strength to the area...

Most builders are now are either buying the hinge from RCR that Bob designed or fabricate something similar…
Thanks Joel

Currently trying to set up dash. Protrusion in dash interferes with dash air discharge duct. I assume I will have to re-shape dash or cut into duct.
Any help / advice appreciated

Last edited:

Joel K

Supporter
Murray,

Most builders don’t use the plenum. I plan to use it, but haven’t decided how to install it.

Check out post #361 of Stephan’s build. He made fiberglass extensions for the plenum. He also used Audi TT vents so you’ll see his vents are not the Vintage Air ones supplied in the kit.

Murray,

Most builders don’t use the plenum. I plan to use it, but haven’t decided how to install it.

Check out post #361 of Stephan’s build. He made fiberglass extensions for the plenum. He also used Audi TT vents so you’ll see his vents are not the Vintage Air ones supplied in the kit.

Thanks so much Joel......you're a wealth of knowledge.

Joel K

Supporter
Murray,

Here is an example of Cam T doing away with the plenum and made a manifold for the AC vents…

Thanks Joel !!.......I think I will use the front section of the plenum supporting the front of the dash and fabricate
the remainder to suit. All good :)..........
Next job will be sorting the very messy brake / clutch setup.
Almost everything leaks !! ( I'm almost over rescuing part built car projects )........I like your boosted setup.

Back