Italian Car Show

To all GT-40 people,
Last weekend I went to an Italian car show by accident. I had three friends of mine tell me that there was going to be an " Exotic Car Show " and I should bring my "BLUE BEAUTY" to it. When I got there I was told that I could not compete, but could display my 40 since they had never seen on at the shows they go to. To make a long story short. The winning car at the show got about 12 votes among the 150 cars there, most were Ferraris. My CAV got 6 write in votes which were not allowed because it is not an Italian car. Gee I wonder how many votes I would have gotten if I was allowed to compete? I bet the GT-40 would have beat Ferrari again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
PS: Note the reflections on my 40. There wasn't a car there with a finish as good as mine.

Attachments

• 44987-Girlandcar.jpg
    44987-Girlandcar.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 317
Joe,

I had a similar experience two years ago. I was waved into a
British Motorcar Show , by a marshal who assumed that I intended to enter my car. I planned to stop by, but obviously not enter, as my car was a replica. Somehow, a Cobra buddy(Factory Five) of mine and I wound up entered in the event, sitting side by side.
The event organisers were so pissed that we "stole the show", that they announced our ineligibilty over the PA system 4 or 5 times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. "Please feel free to look, but don't vote." We both received quite a few write-in votes anyway. They practically had kittens over that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
We were diverted from the parade by marshals, and told NOT to return, ever! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif These guys had no sense of humor at all!
The brochure for the next year's show included in big, bold, black letters, "NO REPLICAS". Imagine that?! Their frustration still makes me laugh when I think about it!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill

Hi Bill, Great car gives you great experiences. I wonder if the new Ford GT will get the same reception since it is not as low to the ground. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back