Jackass in ILLinois

John B

Temp Selling Pass
I would like to formally apologize to Dr Scott. I talked with seller of scotts new RCR GT40. I posted in hast due to the fact that I saw that he owned another KVA. I figured he was just another tire kicker that wasted my time. I was wrong and fully retract my foolish statements to DR. Scott. However, NOW! If he told me that he owned KVA in the first place this would not have occurred. He told me about all the other cars he owned except the KVA. I'm sure folks would understand my thought's and reasoning after I found out he owned a KVA since 2003. It seemed that he was hiding something as he said it was none of my business in past threads that he owned a KVA. But he made it my business about all the other cars he owned! WHY?. "Car guys are car guys" We don't give a rats ass what you owned it is love of cars ...THATS IT! When I meet with Dr, Scott we had a great conversation and actually I felt this is the type a guy I would hang out and have beers with..Very COOL smart guy?. We talked more about politics than cars. I figured according to his experience, Dr. Scott can judge the car like most of us by the quality and build papers. Dr. Scott ask about my thoughts about RCR like he never seen or talked to Fran about his cars. Then later claims he is "CLOSE" friend of Fran for years but never seen his product .…?. Sooo.. After I took Dr. Scott for a short but fast ride around my town I thought he was satisfied as he told me he had to move money around to buy the car..I said no problem. I thought all was good. And after ALL his alleged experience building/owning 25+ cars he saw my car went for a little ride at my risk and still was not satisfied. So now I really question his building/ownership history. That being said, I'm not apologizing to Dr. Scott regarding driving the car. Hello Sailor hit it on the head. I have been around cars building racing fixing them for 35 years. I can tell in one minute quality of the build just by looking at them and not driving them. IF Dr.Scott was so concerned about oil leaks, why did he never bend down and look under the car before or after the ride. I have a car lift and was never asked to raise the car before or after the ride. Why? Someone that has built/owned over 25 cars and soo concerned about oil leaks would have asked to lift the car. I would have no problem lifting the car for inspection. Even after the short ride. If there were leaks, there will be sum indication even after a short ride. Folks stated that he bought a better car..NOT TRUE. This car is built with perfection. Dart alum. Block/heads with a custom intake with the best of the best of internals and Motec EFI custom ZF transaxle. Dr. Scotts car is a RCR with GF50 With an iron block carburetor motor no windows. I really feel this issue boiled down to $$$,ego, Communication. You can't touch my car for what I'm asking. Dr.scott purchased his car for a far less price/quality/components than what I'm asking.I hope this thread clears the issue. I'm an ass for jumping the gun without all the facts and Dr. Scott is an ass for not telling me he owned another KVA and poorly inspecting the car if so concerned about leaks. I will not take the risk of losing my house and life savings in the event of an incident regarding the sale of the car. The car was already sold twice but fell through due to funding. I hope this clears up this issue with future buyers/sellers. I have no ill feelings for Dr. Scott I wish him the best with his car. Again I apologize for the remarks but I think most will understand what occurred. If everybody was like Dr.scott no cars would be sold on Ebay. With this level of car like Ferrari/porsche ect. integrity/knowledge is everything unless you have lack of car knowledge than I understand. I have sold numerous family cars without a hitch.

Best

John

Last edited:
John,
I will accept your apology. (I am also going to ignore the rest of what you posted because life is short and its not worth it) I will also refrain from posting anything else on your sale thread. I will continue answering the pms that keep rolling in about you and your car however.
"Forgive me if I don't shake hands" Dr. S

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Thank you Scott for accepting my apology. I will be the bigger man and still shake your hand If we ever meet again. As for accepting Pm's regarding my car that is fine. I thought we had a great conversation about cars politics but is seems that you still want to antagonize me by responding to your pm's about me and my car in a negative note. If folks are PMing you about me as well as my car than I don't want them as a buyer. Your comments are provoking and inflammatory which show your maturity . Buyers should make their own conclusion. I have sold many High dollar transaxles and other parts without a problem over the years. I told you I made a mistake again I'm sorry let's move on, Your last thread was just immature.

Back