Joe Blo GT40

Hi everybody, I have an Absolute Pace GT40, built in Qld Australia.
I have had the car at home since May 2021. I have everything needed to complete the car except for the Graziano transaxle which I am still looking for.
The body is black gel coat and has been buffed so no need paint. It will be more durable and was a cheaper option than painting.
Engine is a 408 inch ford windsor, approx 600hp.
I am not trying to build a true replica, I like the shape of the GT40 but wanted modern suspension etc.
I have ttached some photos, feel free to ask any questions, hope you like it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 335
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 332
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 316
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 308
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 295
Hello Joe,
Great looking Gt build you have there! Seems like it will be a blast to drive!
I am surprised that you chose to paint the chassis rather than showing off the shiny aluminum.
Built by Dan on youtube is building one of these Absolute Pace cars and he seems to be having numerous issues with fitment and incorrect hardware, did you run into similar problems when putting yours together?

Hi Elliott,
Yes I have spoken to Dan and yes we have both gone through the same issues, most are minor, however the instruction manually is very limited with detail. You just have to use your common sense in most situations.
I painted the chassis because I didnt want to have any corrosion issues in the future. I think the black chassis high lights the other components.

The painted chassis does look great and makes all the zinc coated and aluminum pieces really stand out!
Also the Le Mans running start wall in your garage is amazing!

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Nice car.
Also nice "Wall Paper"...... I was planning something similar (Pit lane).
How did you do this, what resolution picture is needed? Any web source?
Please enlighten me:p

Great work Joe, let me know if you need any info on building this guy. I made numerous changes / upgrades to mine over the years. Also, Trev is up the road from you, and he's now registered and running, and making some changes as new things come to light. They are a great car.

You're right, black powder coating the Pace tub makes everything else stand out!

Great work Joe, let me know if you need any info on building this guy. I made numerous changes / upgrades to mine over the years. Also, Trev is up the road from you, and he's now registered and running, and making some changes as new things come to light. They are a great car.

You're right, black powder coating the Pace tub makes everything else stand out!
Who is Trev? I would like to see his car if possible.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Nice project!! Must be tight in the rear damper area for the transaxle?

Can you provide any information (drawings, source, fabrication photos, etc) of the bellcranks used for the suspension. I'm working on another project, and kinda stuck on the bellcrank design.

Nice project!! Must be tight in the rear damper area for the transaxle?

Can you provide any information (drawings, source, fabrication photos, etc) of the bellcranks used for the suspension. I'm working on another project, and kinda stuck on the bellcrank design.
Thanks, it will all fit. I will get some close up photos of the bell cranks for you.

Back