Kar-Kraft assets purchased to yield more Mk IV

Not entirely sure I know enough about Mk IV & this story but http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/08/07/bob-and-bill-riley-to-build-continuation-edition-ford-gt40-mk-iv.html

"Bob Riley and Bill Riley, along with Jim Matthews, have acquired the assets of the original constructor of the Ford GT40 Mk IV, Kar-Kraft, and are set to build a run of period-correct Mk IV continuation cars.
Kar-Kraft’s assets have already been delivered to Riley Technologies in North Carolina where the engineering and construction of the Mk IV continuation cars will take place. Initial plans call for a production run of up to 10 period-correct cars."

etc

Not entirely sure I know enough about Mk IV & this story but http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/08/07/bob-and-bill-riley-to-build-continuation-edition-ford-gt40-mk-iv.html

"Bob Riley and Bill Riley, along with Jim Matthews, have acquired the assets of the original constructor of the Ford GT40 Mk IV, Kar-Kraft, and are set to build a run of period-correct Mk IV continuation cars.
Kar-Kraft’s assets have already been delivered to Riley Technologies in North Carolina where the engineering and construction of the Mk IV continuation cars will take place. Initial plans call for a production run of up to 10 period-correct cars."

etc
Riley purchased Teske Kar-Kraft that has nothing to do with the original MK-IV manufacturer. Teske registered a company in early 2000 to built 7 "continuation" cars (J13 thru J19). Kenny Thompson built the 7 cars and Teske reproduced the T44 gearbox for this cars. The Original Kar-Kraft cease operation in the 197X after ford canceled their contract in 1970. ford was their only customer at the time.

I saw 2 of the 7 Mk IV at Olthoffs for setup service in the past. One of those was in Asheville after that.
Construction was spot on reference the prints and photos.

Observation..these are not street able because you cannot see to the rear and right rear. A Mk I or Mk II has
much better viewing what is behind you. You can safely assume someone is always in your right rear with a camera...beware.

Attachments

I grew up about a mile from Kar Kraft in Dearborn. The company was owned by Nick Hartman. His kids went to our school.