Kar-Kraft assets purchased to yield more Mk IV

Not entirely sure I know enough about Mk IV & this story but http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/...ild-continuation-edition-ford-gt40-mk-iv.html

"Bob Riley and Bill Riley, along with Jim Matthews, have acquired the assets of the original constructor of the Ford GT40 Mk IV, Kar-Kraft, and are set to build a run of period-correct Mk IV continuation cars.
Kar-Kraft’s assets have already been delivered to Riley Technologies in North Carolina where the engineering and construction of the Mk IV continuation cars will take place. Initial plans call for a production run of up to 10 period-correct cars."

etc

Not entirely sure I know enough about Mk IV & this story but http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/...ild-continuation-edition-ford-gt40-mk-iv.html

"Bob Riley and Bill Riley, along with Jim Matthews, have acquired the assets of the original constructor of the Ford GT40 Mk IV, Kar-Kraft, and are set to build a run of period-correct Mk IV continuation cars.
Kar-Kraft’s assets have already been delivered to Riley Technologies in North Carolina where the engineering and construction of the Mk IV continuation cars will take place. Initial plans call for a production run of up to 10 period-correct cars."

etc
Riley purchased Teske Kar-Kraft that has nothing to do with the original MK-IV manufacturer. Teske registered a company in early 2000 to built 7 "continuation" cars (J13 thru J19). Kenny Thompson built the 7 cars and Teske reproduced the T44 gearbox for this cars. The Original Kar-Kraft cease operation in the 197X after ford canceled their contract in 1970. ford was their only customer at the time.

I have a RCR ,I think one of the most beautiful cars ever designed

Attachments

• OHRP9275.JPG
    OHRP9275.JPG
    379 KB · Views: 801
  • OYST2090.JPG
    OYST2090.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_3651.JPG
    IMG_3651.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 720
I saw 2 of the 7 Mk IV at Olthoffs for setup service in the past. One of those was in Asheville after that.
Construction was spot on reference the prints and photos.

Observation..these are not street able because you cannot see to the rear and right rear. A Mk I or Mk II has
much better viewing what is behind you. You can safely assume someone is always in your right rear with a camera...beware.

Attachments

• 100_0325(1).jpg
    100_0325(1).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 587
  • ALIM0129(1).jpg
    ALIM0129(1).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 591
I grew up about a mile from Kar Kraft in Dearborn. The company was owned by Nick Hartman. His kids went to our school.

I grew up about a mile from Kar Kraft in Dearborn. The company was owned by Nick Hartman. His kids went to our school.
Wow! can you contact with Mr.Hartman or his kids? I am looking for someone who has connection with Mr.Nick Hartman. I would like to ask a few things to Mr.Hartmann about Ferrari Dino he used to own (from1972-1993) and I own the Dino since 1993.

Wow! can you contact with Mr.Hartman or his kids? I am looking for someone who has connection with Mr.Nick Hartman. I would like to ask a few things to Mr.Hartmann about Ferrari Dino he used to own (from1972-1993) and I own the Dino since 1993.
I have no connection to them. It was nearly 60 years ago!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim Matthews bought my SPF MK II P2110 to vintage race.
Does anybody have an update on this?

I can't really find recent information.

Does anybody have an update on this?

I can't really find recent information.

Old thread revival but I found this while looking up T44 information.

There is a claim on the website they were going to start to deliver end of 2022. No idea if that happened or not.

The first MK IV is almost done, I understand they are waiting on the T44 from Mike Teske to complete it.
I remember Fran saying ( last century ) that Mike Teske had or might have had rights to the T44, but then Ive read in other places that Weissman actually did a lot of the design work, Ive since seen photos in HM's shop of the MK2 that ended up here in NZ for a while prior to being on sold to Europe, complete with T44.

Back