Kar-Kraft assets purchased to yield more Mk IV

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looks like internals are mainly Jerico based. Wonder what those cars are like to drive/shift on the street?
Judging by other’s experiences with street driven Jerico transmissions, they’re probably not much fun or practical for street use.

Judging by other’s experiences with street driven Jerico transmissions, they’re probably not much fun or practical for street use.
My experience is only from run in, track testing of cars Ive been involved with. That is light throttle loads and careful shifting for 30 minutes, good chance to try and replicate street style driving. Required conentration to match RPM etc, I imagine the variables of traffic & dealing with them would lead to times where you would find yourself with a box full of neutrals. JO apparently bought a car with dog box and drove it on the street for some time. It paid off as the Jerico in the TVR has been trouble free. Cannot say the same for others!

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A buddy of mine has a street driven 69 Camaro with a 750hp 540 BBC with a Jerico. It has had 10 years of hard use. Not a every day driver, but driven frequently. Only one rebuild, and had relatively little repair needed.

Regards Brian

Back