Kurt H (hoffkm) SL-C build thread

The weather this coming week in Upstate SC is forecasted to be nice and sunny. We have been having a lot of winter rain lately. My daughter and I pulled the SL-C out of storage and I plan to drive her to work this week and then down to the DMV to get the VIN inspection paperwork filled out that I need for the title and plates. My girl is almost street legal!

I had a nice straight, open, piece of road in front of me at a stop light on the way from storage to the apartment so I let er rip. This car is scary fast off the line with only 475 HP!! There are a number of roundabouts in our neighborhood that allowed me some cornering testing and she sticks to the road well. I do need to 1) get a professional to tune my Holley EFI, she is running very rich and stalls occasionally and 2) get the front end aligned better by me or a professional. I was experiencing a little wandering on the road.

In the short trip that included a stop for gas the car gathered ALOT of attention. My daughter was following me in the truck and she had people nearly hit her coming from the other direction as they were passing by and taking pictures. I had one pickup with a trailer pacing me and scaring the daylights out of me as they kept swerving my way. I left them behind at the red light.

It is about 77-80 degrees out today and the AC was blowing nice and cold. You do need to let the car warm up a little and cool down inside before taking off.

2024-03-30 16.52.15.jpg

I will update everyone here how the registration process goes. I have already paid my property taxes for the year (SC does not like you to have too many toys, they make you pay), the car in insured, and I just need a title and plates.

Back