Le mans 2021

Congratulation to Jim Glickenhaus for having 2 cars entered , 2 cars quick qualified and finally 10 mn agao 2 car paced 4th and 5th
I can confirm ( 40 years of le mans racing ....) that doing so for the first time coming at Le mans with 2 new cars , new regulation, new team is almost avery very successfull
challenge
Good luck for following races Jim!!!!!

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Absolutely!! I got to watch a bit of it and that's exactly what I was thinking. Very impressive for an independent shop to dice it out with the big names. Congrats to Jim and team.

Awesome their car burned less fuel than the Alpine. However the Hybrid AWD Toyota’s are just too quick and burn heck of a lot less fuel. And friendlier on tires. Great effort. I wish BoP would allow them to have a bit higher hp.

Awesome their car burned less fuel than the Alpine. However the Hybrid AWD Toyota’s are just too quick and burn heck of a lot less fuel. And friendlier on tires. Great effort. I wish BoP would allow them to have a bit higher hp.

A description of the Toyota hybrid says:
The GR010 HYBRID incorporates a powerful four-wheel drive racing hybrid powertrain, with a 3.5litre V6 twin turbo engine, providing 680PS to the rear wheels and combining with a 272PS motor generator unit, developed by AISIN AW and DENSO, on the front axle. Total output is capped at 500kW (680PS), meaning the GR010 HYBRID’s sophisticated electronics reduce engine power according to the amount of hybrid boost deployed.

It sounds like it's set up so that when you accelerate out of a corner, the electric motor will give you the torque you need and then as the turbo engine gets up to speed the electric motor will back off. Also, regen braking will help save the mechanical brakes and recharge the batteries.

Hi
Thanks. We're working with our sponsors and shareholders to determine what our 2022 WEC/Le Mans program will be. We're also working with The WEC/ACO on BOP. We feel Alpine and us were fairly balanced but Toyota is on another planet. If we get a fair BOP we will be back. Next for us is The Baja 1000. In 2023 we've been asked to bring J6 and our P 3/4 to Le Mans for display/demo during the 24. Hopefully in 22 we'll be able to have pit visits. It would be nice to welcome you. Best Jim

Back