Looking for half shaft axles for my Advanced Automotion 01E with 108mm Porsche 930 output flanges

I have searched around and read through threads and could not find a applicable solution to my problem.

I have a rebuilt 01E from Scott at Advanced Automotion and I have opted for the Porsche 830 108mm output flanges. I do know know exactly what uprights and hub carriers I will be going with, but I want to get something in my hands so I can begin sussing out my rear suspension.

Can anyone give me a shove into the right direction as far as picking up axels for this configuration?

Many thanks,
Don

Here are some photos. I am kind of thinking these flanges are not 108mm. I am not dogging/blaming Scott. Just trying to figure out what I am dealing with. The 3rd photo is of a flange measurement from a project site that I am using for contrast.

Am I measuring wrong?
Am I interpreting wrong?

Attachments

• 01E - Porche 930 flange - 01.JPG
    01E - Porche 930 flange - 01.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 01E - Porche 930 flange - 02.jpg
    01E - Porche 930 flange - 02.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 01E - some guys flange - 03.JPG
    01E - some guys flange - 03.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 206
Many kind thanks Ken Roberts. I was thinking so, but wanted to consider the possibility that I have goofed somewhere. I will work with Scott on this.

Ken, could you please verify that I am considering the right process of building out my rear suspension?
1) Determine where the tranny/engine configuration will set in the frame. Need to make certain the eventual location of the axles and flanges are going to need clearance.
2) Mount the rear clip on my frame, find outer shell to output flange measurements. This will establish where the outer tire will align with the outer edge of the read clip.
3) Estimate wheel center (where the wheel meets the spindle assembly) will be and measure that to the output flanges.
4) Work out where the uprights are going to set along with the wishbone and other brackets.
5) From the upright, determine where hub carrier will rest, and measure in towards the output flange.
6) From this point I need to select the CV joints and then calculate the half-shafts length plus required spline lengths to accommodate what the estimated up/down travel will be.

This is my first kit car build and I know that I will not get everything right the first time. This process seems reasonable to me. I have learned quite a bit so far, and eager to learn more.

Many thanks!

01E from Scott at Advanced Automotion
302 Roller my self rebuilt junkyard Foxbody Mustang engine
Tranny/Engine adapter via Kennedy Engineering
Shifter apparatus from Cable-shift
Space frame/shell from GTForte'

Hello Terry. That is correct. I have spot welded about 98% of the space frame (minus the roll cage ... waiting for spider to arrive before bending). The entire frame I can pickup and navigate it up and down by hand onto benches or onto 17 inch high standards for easy access.

Everything is MIG tacked incase things go south and I need to grind apart and re-fabricate or adjust. Nothing suspension wise had been done other than building up a PVC and Wood mock up of where I believe the front suspension will mount up. Nothing "wishbone attachment lug" has been tacked or welded in place anywhere on the frame. Essentially, from a suspension and engine mounting standpoint, it is a blank check.

I have attached a photo (just taken) of the rear chassis as it is today. The tranny is sitting atop one of my welding benches and the entire frame has been lowered onto 17 inch stands. Please excuse my messy garage I have tons of projects going on in there :eek:)

Attachments

• RearChassis.PNG
    RearChassis.PNG
    374.2 KB · Views: 187
I've taken a clearer photo of the output flanges used on my 01E purchase from Advanced Automation. I've not heard back from Scott on specifically what these flanges are used in (need this info to narrow my CV search). They seem to have the following markings: SCN DE 088355C and of course the Audi/VW symbols.

If I could at least know what vehicle(s) in which this specific flange is used that would help tremendously.

Many thanks,
Don

Attachments

• 20220113_150742.jpg
    20220113_150742.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 149
I'd want to decide what upright I am using before getting too far down the track, as it will determine the inner pivot point locations, as well as the CV joint location. No point to going through a ton of steps only to discover that you end up with totally jacked mounting points, or roll center/camber curve. Or conversely, being forced to use an exotic or marginal upright to get the suspension geometry you want.

Back