Looking for tips on GT40 kits in Canada

Hello from Ottawa, Ontario,

A colleague of mine, Louis, has just finished restoring his 1970 Mustang Mach 1 and is now thinking about building a car. He’s trying to decide between a GT40 and a Cobra replica.

I own a Superformance Cobra and am quite familiar with the different kit manufacturers and related government regulations, so I can certainly help him there. But I’m not as familiar with the GT40 kits which are available in Canada. I’ve done a quick bit of Internet research and hoped that some of you could provide some real-world guidance/tips.

I know Superformance currently produces the official continuation-series GT40s, but presume there is no way to import one of these at the moment. Probably best to forget about them, regrettably.

ERA Replicas makes a beautiful product, but has anyone been able to import one of their GT40 kits into Canada? I ask because I know their kits tend to be pretty complete and suspect this may be an issue with Transport Canada.

I see that both CAV Canada and Campbell Race (RCR) are offering what appear to be high-quality GT40 kits, and (I assume) handle the importation process for their customers. Does anyone have any hands-on experience with these companies? How do their kits compare?

Have I missed any other manufacturers in Canada?

Brian

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I'm not sure how to find them but there are some fairly recent threads on the Canada importation issues elsewhere on this forum.

Isn't Ian Clarke close by? He's your man for the CAV product in Canada but I haven't seen a post from him in some time. Anyone know if he's still about? OK?

We have many cars in Canada now and we currently have three more in the factory being built ...give Toby at Campbell Race Concepts or give us a call at RCR directly..

Back