Lotus Elise outruns GT3 Cup

Here is a link to a video of my brother's Lotus Elise, on road tyres, out dragging a GT3 Carrera Cup car on slicks. Needless to say, the Porsche crowd were not ammused! Dave's car is a road car, and we have just become the Australian agent for these Elise kits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif We have just installed a Honda Integre Type S 2.0 litre, with Jackson supercharger. Just what the Elise has been crying out for. POWER (about 300hp) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It is an absolute missile.

Oooops! Forgot to post the link! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I will get it fixed soon.
Fran, i also have a daughter Elise, she is 7 years.

Hi Tim,

Thats one sweet little rocket ship\ missile. Your brother didn't seem to stressed to keep her on the track either! Can you tell us a little more about the Elise kits you have been appointed agents for?

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Tim, that is stunning !! Nothing like a bit of a hobby to keep you busy while waiting to the 40 ! 2 x Hybusas, so when does your Elise hit the road ??

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Tim,
Not only was that car looking for a decent engine, but that engine was looking for a decent car. I think you have found the perfect marriage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm curious about the Elise kits too. I didn't think that Lotus were interested in that market.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Tim, I'll bet the Porsche jocks were not happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif. Quite a little rocket ship, looks like it was nicely balanced too.
I would also be interested in finding out more about the kits.

Guys,
The Porky drivers were all a little disturbed by this little silver road-going Elise blasting past them. They were pouring over the car muttering expletives.
This whole story has sprung from my brother owning a Series 1 Elise and looking for more power, as you do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
The "kit" is sourced from England, and our company "Prancing Wombat Racing" is the sole Aus supplier. David's car was fitted with the 2.0L Honda Type S engine, and supercharger just last wednesday. So it is all prety new still.
The plan is to supply and install either N/A or Supercharged units in a "drive in - drive out" way. We are getting a lot of interest, and David is in the process of setting up a web page with all relevant information and prices.
The kit is very well made, and once installed, looks like it came from the factory that way (or even better). Stay tuned.
BTW: i hope my GT40 doesn't get spanked by it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well, i've gone and got myself a Series 1 Elise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's a very standard one, in silver. Now begins the transformation: shocks, suspension bushes, wheels, S/C Honda conversion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
Hayabusa PRB Clubman up for sale to keep The Senate happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Cna't keep 'em all i s'pose.

Well I'm no great fan of either Porkers or Loti, but it didn't half look like matey in the VW sports made a pigs of a gearchange exiting the corner and then he did blow past again bigtime.
I don't think there is any great conclusion to be drawn there.
Lets not get all "Clarkson" and make a judgement based one brief moment !

Having said that, the littlun did go well didn't it .... and matey didn't look stretched driving it !

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Barry the Porker didn't "blow past again bigtime" as you put it.The Elise driver hit the brakes first and this is why I have trouble in the 40 racing the German Heinkels, they have very! good brakes and can come into a corner and brake sooooo late.Of course they do spin off sometimes but we all have that problem.I'd say the Elise had it's nose in front.Whether the porsche missed a gear we won't know, but it looked like a fair drag race to me.If your not into Porkers or Loti does your avatar suggest a clue?
Ross

Boys, the GT3 did not miss gear. The supercharged Honda Elise is xxxxing quick. Ross, the Elise did hit the brakes, to let the GT3 passed. Wings & slicks will corner better than road tyres any day.

Back