Mallory Fuel Pumps

Neil

Supporter
I have not seen the Mallory name mentioned here before. These are very good gerotor fuel pumps. They are available in two models, a 110 and higher output 140. I've attached the instructions for Mallory pumps below.
Notice that Mallory publishes their flow vs pressure curves.

Attachments

• Scan_0042.jpg
    Scan_0042.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Scan_0044.jpg
    Scan_0044.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Scan_0045.jpg
    Scan_0045.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 142
  • Scan_0046.jpg
    Scan_0046.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 116

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have the 140. I think it is dying. I am seeing fuel pressure dropping to 3-4 psi from the regulated 6 intermittently along with unusual noises when the pressure drops. At this point, I haven't taken anything apart and I am hoping it is the regulator. Any ideas? I am thinking the regulator diaphragm......

I have not seen the Mallory name mentioned here before. These are very good gerotor fuel pumps. They are available in two models, a 110 and higher output 140. I've attached the instructions for Mallory pumps below.
Notice that Mallory publishes their flow vs pressure curves.
Thanks, I added them to the list.

Mallory Comp 110, 110 free flow, about 90 Us Gph @ 6psi. about 95+ Us Gph at 4 psi. Factory preset at 7psi @ 20 Us Gph.
Mallory Comp 140, 140 free flow, 120+ Us Gph @ 6psi. 135 Us Gph @ 4psi. Factory preset at 12 psi.

Neil

Supporter
Howard, From the looks of it, the regulator may be rebuildable. It looks easy to take apart so maybe a new regulator diaphragm could be installed if you can find a replacement. If not, I have a new pump and regulator that I may not need.

Howard Jones

Supporter
The pump was disassembled and I found one of the brushes had broken into two pieces and damaged the commutator slightly. I can get replacement brushes if I can salvage the commutator. I have had some success in the past with turning the armature in a drill motor and lightly sanding the wear out of the commutator with 600 grit sandpaper. I'm not that hopeful but we'll see.

I am rethinking the pump and regulator and may go away from a deadheaded regulator to a bypass system and a different regulator.

Neil

Supporter
Just make sure all the swarf is brushed out from between the commutator segments. I hope that works-- it should.

Back