Mirror Suggestions Please

I went to a junk yard and looked at the RX-7 mazda mirrors. I dont think they looked too great unless they made a mistake and showed me the wrong ones. Any suggestion on mirrors?

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: DanielD ]

I just got a new "racerwholesale" catalog yesterday, and they have some really nice looking carbon fiber/aerodynamic mirrors available.

Their web site is www.racerpartswholesale.com

On my GT40, I'm going with the classic chrome talbot style mirrors.
I sat in a 40 with them mounted near the fuel filler caps, and found the visibility to be quite good.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Alain,

The real trick is to paint them the same colour and hide them.

We have had our own mirrors cast in aluminium and then welded brackets inside them and used Ford mirrors and switches. Worked very well and looks great.

Robert

Thanks, I've been trying to get mirrors painted the color of the car if painted mirrors are the way to go. Robert, are those mirrors for sale to the public or only RF customers? and what is the cost? any pictures?
Dan

With the RX-7 mirrors.. Is there any visable difference between the electric mirrors and the standard mirrors? I dont think I'll be making adjustments that often and I'll definately be the only pilot/driver. 1986 or 1987 right?

With the RX-7 mirrors.. Is there any visable difference between the electric mirrors and the standard mirrors? I dont think I'll be making adjustments that often and I'll definately be the only pilot/driver. 1986 or 1987 right?
Alain:, good to hear from you. Are you starting to get excited about the soon to be deliverd kit?

Hershal contacted me abouthis a few weeks ago after I had the same question. When you get the mirrors, take everything off the loom including all switches. All you need is a power point on the fuse board and evrything should be hunky dorry. I still have to try it yet, but if you need more info speak to Hershal.

Excited?
Well, I haven't had a decent nights sleep in a while.....

I recently took a flight to Seattle, to look at Neal's NZ kit.......

I have a fresh 5.0 longblock sitting on the engine stand and a pretty GT40 oil pan from Armando's for it.....

I've been scheming on how to buy a stack injection system from Wayne,,,without my wife noticing......

and I've put my racecar on mothballs, so that I can focus 100 percent on building the 40 when it arrives....

Yeah,,,,, I guess I'm excited.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back