Monocoque Measurements

Top hole is 470 c/c to floor.
midle hole 460 c/c
Lower hole 450 c/c
Could be advantageous to wait with these holes until you have the steering coloumn to fit as they should be on 9.28in radius from top bracket mount. But all depends on coloumn fit.
Thanks , I have the steering column in the works I made the brazed on brackets and collecting materials to jig up the column. Once I have column made I'll make up the column mounts .

Threadjacking David. Does anyone have any useful information on these plates underneath the dash top?
I guess the hole should be 3,25" or so in dia.
On the first picture it is alligned so the flange is approx paralell to the suspension bracket outside.
On the last it is made as simple as possible.

Or are none of these even close to correct?

Attachments

• alt 1.JPG
    alt 1.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 73
  • alt 2.JPG
    alt 2.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 74
Does a 3.25" hole allow the duct on to the back of they eyeball dash vent. I cant remember the size of duct work needed. Have you drawn the extension tube off the back of the forward triangle? I think I made my hole slightly larger in that area, and may have even had it turn the corner of the flange slightly so that I was not trying to bend ductwork at an angle coming of the back of the stub tube on the back of the triangle piece?

It was so long ago that I looked at that part I can't even remember what photo I copied.
I can't even remember of the top of my head what size I made that hole.
I think I would have made it match the holes on the spare tire well cut out, just for consistency. My assumption at the time is that they would have used a punch tool that they had on hand, so just used a size that I knew they had.

Does a 3.25" hole allow the duct on to the back of they eyeball dash vent. I cant remember the size of duct work needed. Have you drawn the extension tube off the back of the forward triangle? I think I made my hole slightly larger in that area, and may have even had it turn the corner of the flange slightly so that I was not trying to bend ductwork at an angle coming of the back of the stub tube on the back of the triangle piece?

It was so long ago that I looked at that part I can't even remember what photo I copied.
I can't even remember of the top of my head what size I made that hole.
I think I would have made it match the holes on the spare tire well cut out, just for consistency. My assumption at the time is that they would have used a punch tool that they had on hand, so just used a size that I knew they had.

Got some reliable picture info last night, will update when i have completed it. Hopefully this evening.

For future reference, the back side of a MK IV zephyr / zodiac eyeball duct takes a hose or tube with an ID of 2.5"

Here they are. Some plates removed to show them more clearly.
Some minor adjustments still needs to be made to other panels here after they where drawn.

Attachments

• RH plate.JPG
    RH plate.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 67
  • LH plate.JPG
    LH plate.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 65
Anyone got length of the radius rods? I found a spf drawing for it here, the upper one is 825mm c-c on the rod ends. 29" length of the rod seemed ok. The lower one approx 2" shorter if i recall right. Can anyone confirm length of the radiusrod?

Anyone got length of the radius rods? I found a spf drawing for it here, the upper one is 825mm c-c on the rod ends. 29" length of the rod seemed ok. The lower one approx 2" shorter if i recall right. Can anyone confirm length of the radiusrod?
HI Ole , did you get the lengths confirmed.

Back