Mystery car

Has anyone seen one of these? If so, what is it?
Thanks

Simon

Attachments

• mystery-car-1.jpg
    mystery-car-1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 468
  • mystery-car-2.jpg
    mystery-car-2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 437
Simon,
Saturn makes the same car called the Sky. It's a bit different at the back. You will be able to buy a new Camaro this year. They are tooling Plant 1 in town for it as we speak.
Dave

Paolo,
I don't know what the pricing will be. I will go down to the plant when they launch. I won't have any pictures for you . No Cameras allowed but I can get you the trim codes and option list. I don't know if they are doing a Z28 but if they are that would be the car to buy. I don't know what the order bank is like either, whether employees of retirees like me can order you one under option 1 or 2 for the discount.
Dave

Simon,
Saturn makes the same car called the Sky. It's a bit different at the back. You will be able to buy a new Camaro this year. They are tooling Plant 1 in town for it as we speak.
Dave

I wouldn't bet on getting a New Camaro until next year... officially they won't be released until 2009, the first ones should roll off the line at the end of this year but the models not going to dealers as Demo cars will be spoken for already at a high price i bet.

As for the Z28 there's a lot of speculation about this, i wouldn't expect to see this car until at least the end of 2009, might not even see it until 2010.

Pricing wise they are supposed to be starting around the $26,000us for the V6 and going up to about $30,000 for the V8... the the Z28 is anyone's guess.

Frankly the concept Camaro was great, but the more pictures i see of the pre-production model the more i go off the car.

Simon,
They will be producing cars by the end of July 2008 if not sooner. I 've done so many model changes and ramp ups it's not funny. It will take between 90 to 120 days to reach full production. They will be only running one shift so it may be even sooner. I don't know the line speed or JPH as of yet. They usualy build Pilots for test and engineering ,MVSS, crash test, and proving grounds. Then fill the dealer orders first 1 to 2 cars per dealer for all North America. The cars you see now are hand built out of Detroit from one of the Tech Centers. The 2008 model release is usualy in Sept of this year.
Dave

Simon,

The base Pontiac Solstice has a 177HP inline 4-cylinder engine, and has an optional 260HP Turbo model that really scoots.

My wife & I bought a 2007 model in 2006 for just under $27K, had all the options except the Turbo (damn)! Just turned 4K miles the other day. Really fun to drive, responsive, and for only 177HP, pretty peppy too! Every time we drive it, someone walks up and asks us what it is? We get alot of thumbs up. Fun car to drive with the top down.

I have seen and driven the Solstice with the Chevy alloy LS2 dropped in. 1. It fits without major mods. 2. It weighs I believe within 80 LBS of the stock turbo motor, and with 400 hp and 400 lb ft it goes like h*ll.

One of the forum members, (V8 Archie) who does the GT40 on a Fiero kit, purchased on for himself and did the conversion.

Peter

Back