487.JPG
    518.6 KB · Views: 523
  • 234.JPG
    234.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 505
  • 494.JPG
    494.JPG
    417.5 KB · Views: 516
A few others some from a trade stand and an interloper ;)

Attachments

• 280.JPG
    280.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 535
  • 281.JPG
    281.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 556
  • 282.JPG
    282.JPG
    465.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 283.JPG
    283.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 541
  • 275.JPG
    275.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 559
  • 489.JPG
    489.JPG
    496 KB · Views: 551
  • 491.JPG
    491.JPG
    540.1 KB · Views: 515
  • 490.JPG
    490.JPG
    500.4 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nice pics! Seems the MKIV has the engine installed backwards with strange siamese port cylinder heads...
Beautiful cars all in all...

Nice pics! Seems the MKIV has the engine installed backwards with strange siamese port cylinder heads...
Beautiful cars all in all...

Yes, I chatted to the owner/restorer of the MKIV. I asked him about the engine & apparently it's a 'Shevvy'. Not an engine I've ever heard of... :)

Great stand put on by the GT40EC, the cars all looked stunning.

Kind regards,
Julian

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, I chatted to the owner/restorer of the MKIV. I asked him about the engine & apparently it's a 'Shevvy'. Not an engine I've ever heard of... :)

Great stand put on by the GT40EC, the cars all looked stunning.

Kind regards,
Julian
Julian
I was wondering if it was the Heron MKIV made in NZ some years ago ?
rb_herongtmk4-2.jpg

Neil

Supporter
I wonder why they did not simply use a Hewland transaxle instead of going to the trouble and expense of designing and building their own?

Nick,
Yon Essex Wire car looks very nice and what's the build story on the MKIV ?

I love the Essex Wire car, it is Belinda and Keith's Southern GT, they have done over 10,000 miles in it over the last couple of years so it has been used properly as well.

Marcus

Supporter
Was great to meet up with Belinda, Keith and David on the Saturday....the cars looked great and drew plenty of admirers... Special thanks to Belinda for letting me have a seat in her car......although not exactly set up for me at 6'3" (Belinda is somewhat shorter) it was an absolute pleasure to meet up with some great owners.... Congrats to all who took the time out to display......:)

Dave Collins

Supporter
Yes the Mk 1V was the Heron. The owner found he car about 3 years ago and undertook an extensive restoration. He had pictures of the car at Le mans with Ross Baker from I think 2016. Has also been raced at several European circuits including this year's Spa summer classic. Owner is from Latvia and is looking to sell the car.

Dave

Julian
I was wondering if it was the Heron MKIV made in NZ some years ago ?
Hi Jim, yes you and Dave are absolutely correct, it is a Heron MKIV. The current owner and restorer is a Gentleman named Andris Stals. He did tell me what type of Transaxle he used but I'm afraid I can't for the life of me remember.
kind regards
Julian

Was great to meet up with Belinda, Keith and David on the Saturday....the cars looked great and drew plenty of admirers... Special thanks to Belinda for letting me have a seat in her car......although not exactly set up for me at 6'3" (Belinda is somewhat shorter) it was an absolute pleasure to meet up with some great owners.... Congrats to all who took the time out to display......:)
Was great to meet you Marcus, hope to see your car soon.

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Belinda.... lovely to hear from you.... had some shipping issues but finally happening next week... flying out on Monday to see her.... Apparently you are my local Enthusiast network so if all well I'll be seeing you a lot in the new year.... Was so nice of you letting me try your car on for size...
Kind regards and best to Keith

Hi Belinda.... lovely to hear from you.... had some shipping issues but finally happening next week... flying out on Monday to see her.... Apparently you are my local Enthusiast network so if all well I'll be seeing you a lot in the new year.... Was so nice of you letting me try your car on for size...
Kind regards and best to Keith
Hi Marcus, that's great news, can't wait to see you and the car. Fingers crossed shipping is prompt and without problems. Give me a shout when it's here. Glad to help. Best wishes Belinda

Back