Need hints and advice for swapping fuel bladders

Good morning,

my name is Chris and I recently bought a used Gelscoe GT40 that we plan to race. The fuel bladders are out of date and need to be replaced. I just got a new pair of Premier fuel cells.

For now our vintage racing experience is with a 1974 NASCAR Dodge. So the GT40 is quite a step up !

What tips and trick do you recommend to get the old fuel bladders out and the new ones in ? Does the front suspension need to be removed ? How do you get the cells over the ponton ribs ?

Thanks,

Chris

well, this has been a bit of an issue with GT40P 1098 I have awaken post 28 years of sleep. I have learned very few make them and most are costly. Given a Gelscoe car, I would strongly suggest you get them from them. Not cheep. Also, as I have learned, between all the various cars, they do differ.

he is correct, alot of work, I would get Gelscoe to remove and replace, but if you wish to race, v a track day, you will need properly certified cells.

Don't know if your new fuel cells are collapsible bladder type, but Carroll Smith used to advise talcum powder to ease installation of fuel cells in formula cars.

Back