need painting opinions

Excluding the gulf cars, would you paint meatballs on your car or just the stripes? I was going to paint the meatballs but i spoke to some friends over the weekend, now I'm not so sure. What would you do? This is what it will look like in "race" trim but what about just driving around?

1033 Red_GT40.jpg

Dean
My car is currently being painted. This is what it will look like complete with meatballs

1051P.jpg

I say paint them on. It will mae the car so cool looking on the street.

Bill

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Bill / Dean What are you using for side mirrors and how are you mounting them? They look great and functional. Steve

Last edited:
Dean I think if your not planning on leaving all the vintage decals on all the time then don't paint the meatballs.

JMHFO.

Dean,

No meatballs. No racing stripes. None of that, "Look at me I have a race car". BMW & MB currently make some really nice classy adult colors, ie. Anthracite, Black Pearl, Titanium and a beautiful dark Green metallic. Sponson/Rocker panel stripes only in Volkswagen Reflex Silver with some white pearl added. I have the "recipe" if you want it.

Just my .02

Cheers,
Scott

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Dean,

"...None of that, "Look at me I have a race car..."

Cheers,
Scott

Scott- Seriously??? This is the last thing I thought I would hear from you! ;) Have you SEEN a GT40? Heard one? Doesn't matter what color it is, you're going to get attention.

Dean- Make it the color you want, but I'd vote for static cling meatballs as I don't like them empty.

Just my $.02...

Back