need some measurements

I need to see if anyone is running a 302 with a 914 transaxle in there car, i need to know what the length is from front of motor to center of axle on the transaxle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. i need to figure if i need to stretch the Bradley body or not. This way i have an ideal of what i need to do to my frame when building it. any help on measurement is going to be realy helpfull . thanks

Ernest
I will post some measurements for you tommorrow. If I can't get the dimension of the front to the transaxle centerline at the axles I can at least give you the dimension from the rear of the engine to the centerline. Will this be enough info?
Regards
Phil

Ernest
Dimension from front mount flange of 914 gearbox to axle center is 8", the setup I measured had a Kennedy adapter which was 1/2" thick, so from the rear of the engine block to axle center was 8 1/2 ". I may be off a 1/16" or so as I believe the gearbox probably has a metric dimension, and the other two pieces were in inch standard, but you should have no trouble if you are locating the motor as the difference would be negligable in an installation. Also..I have a friend who has a 914 box behind a chevy V-8, and he currently has about 25,000 miles on this setup. It definitely can't take abuse such as dropping the clutch in 1st. gear, but if you drive it with some care it will hold up well. Not my first choice though for a transaxle.
Good luck
Phil

Back