New Aviaid original-GT40-style oil pan for sale

I have a new Aviaid oil pan for sale. This is the same pan as used on the original Mk I and Mk III GT40s - aluminum construction, sump recessed for starter on right-hand side of engine, sump dimensions 14" long by 6.5" deep by 11.5" wide. This is a new pan; although it is mounted to the engine as shown in the attached picture, the engine has not been run. I'm selling it because the sump will interfere with a lateral chasis member in the engine bay of my Roaring Forties kit.

This pan sells for $613.10 on Aviaid's web site. I will take the best offer but I'd like to get around $400 because that is what a new pan from Armando's will cost me. It goes on Ebay in a week or so if there are no takers here on the forum.

Attachments

• 24855-347 stroker with pipes.jpg
    24855-347 stroker with pipes.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,029
No, I can't really modify the chassis here, as it would require putting bends into a straight chassis member, with the resulting ugly bending moments and reduction in torsional rigidity.

How similar is the RF crossmember to the CAV? My CAV's crossmember was modified to make an Aviaid pan fit. Dang pan probbaly cost me at least $2000 installed. But hey, it's original /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (My instructions were "see if an Aviaid or Armando's pan will fit.")

I think the mods required grinding (and perhaps some welding), but no bending... So if anyone with a CAV is considering buying this pan, it can be done but it's not a direct bolt-in.

Ron Earp

Admin
I measured up the Canton pan I'm using and it will fit int he RF without problems. Of course, it isn't an original GT40 pan but we don't have original cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Who sees an oil pan anyhow?

R

With the rear clam open the pan is semi-visible...
but I suspect it's the authenticity issue rather than the
visual issue that drives anyone to spend big bucks for
Aviad pans.

MikeD

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Having bought one of these from ARmando (who makes Aviaids pans if I am not mistaken) I can tell whoever wants to know that this is a good deal...and probably won't be out there long.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Re: New Aviaid original-GT40-style oil pan for sal

Having been one of the first (on this forum anyway) to have bought an Armando Pan, I agree that they are a good buy and well built. If you have any special needs on the pan's geometry, just ask and Armando will put in notches, etc. for you. Pans include 4 trap door pickup baffling, pickup, windage tray and scrappers, dip stick tube and hardware. I think the dip stick is on right front by default; if you want it somewhere else, just ask. Mine looks very similar to the one pictured above.

Armondo worked at Aviaid for years and saw that he could produce same quality at a lower price and do OK for himself. Apparently he has.

Lynn

I also bought a AR Oil pan. I am debating the oil capacity issue. AR sent me an e-mail that said 6 quart, but Aviad says 8 quarts. How much oil are you guys using. Obviously it would have been a good idea to measure oil depth relative to crank, etc. when engine was built (by Keith Craft) but now it is allready assembled.

Gary,

I was told 6 quarts for my Aviaid...

It's a 55360 pan, which is listed as 8 quarts on the Aviaid web site...

Back