New Muffler for GT?

Someone told me there is a new exhaust available for the GT? Part # M-5320-gt But U can not find anything on it, has anyone heard about this exhaust?

Ron Earp

Admin
It'd probably be best to have a good shop fabricate what you'd like based on preferance and expectations. And I bet it'd be a whole lot cheaper! With so few Ford GTs on the road (I saw my first one this morning on the way to drop the Maita at the cage builder - out in the middle of no where on a two lane road, 86 N out of Durham NC to be precise) I imagine afermarket parts will be $$$$$$!.

Ron

It is a Borla. There's one on ebay right now. All yours for $2400 and change. And that's a cat back system only! BUT,
Borla makes great mufflers, and it IS stainless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
That is seriously overpriced! I bet a couple of good two chamber Flowmasters on there will sound quite nice, and cost, oh, about $100 total. Paint it flat black with some hi-temp paint for $5 and you won't have to worry about corrosion for awhile either.

R

I have mine in and they do sound great once you get on it. It is also about 1/2 the weight

Gentlemen:
I believe Ron hit the nail on the head. I am sure I have seen a Flowmaster with two inlets and two outlets, so they have done that already. I personally had an old flowmaster from a vehicle, cut it apart, and fabricated a two in/two out muffler based on the basic design inside the old unit out of stainless sheet(.080) and it sounds fine, a bit on the loud side but that is what we were after anyway. Any good fab shop should be able to knock one of these together for a decent price, and you can put bracketry on the unit for a mount, heat shield whatever, maybe I should look and see if I have my old sketches and knock out a few.!
Cheers
Phil

Back