New owner here.

I remover when the car was on EBay with a buy it now for 65K. What a great buy. Congratulations..

I have been talking with him about it since then. Another guy beat me to it, who later dropped off, then he called me again and I couldn't buy it at that time. Then we finally struck a deal again and it will be on it's way shortly! Was meant to be. :thumbsup:

Count down getting closer. First time trial already set up for July 25, nothing like a little pressure to get a project finished!
Looks like I can finally view my first SL-C in about 1.5-2 weeks!

Thanks Graeme. I have already been over there looking. I heard Lextreme itself is no longer around, but appears the forum is still going.
I started researching the 1uzfe engine about a year ago, once i started interest in this SL-C. Excited about working with it as I was unfamiliar with them before that. One of the best block designs I have seen for high hp. Very cheap to build also. Looks like I could build a long block to hold 1500hp and turn 9000rpm for about $5k all in. That is ofcourse with me doing everything outside of the machine work itself. :)
I still do not know what turbos are on the car. My present lofty goal of 1000hp may have dropped in favor of smaller more responsive and useable turbos with quick spool (which I am hoping they are sized for that now). I also may be going the route of water to air intercoolers.
Really can't wait to have car in front of me to be able to settle on a final plan. Soon! Hahaha

Im sure this has been discussed, but I think I ran across Frans inspiration for the SLC. 1989 Sauber Mercedes.

Le+Mans+-+1989+Sauber-Mercedes+C9.jpg

Howard Jones

Supporter
Scott some of us think it was a Kudzu IMSA prototype

Attachments

• 1193610118la.jpg
    1193610118la.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 323
  • 1193610118lb.jpg
    1193610118lb.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 332
After a shipping issue last week, it appears to be sorted now and car will finally be on it's way Monday. So looks like I will have to put away the "welcome home" banners and cake for another week.

Back