New owner introduction

Ted

Supporter
I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I recently purchased Dan Raver's SL-C race car. I am sure many of you know the car from Dan's racing successes
and the car's feature on the RCR/Superlite websites.

I have known Dan and this car since 2015 when I first laid eyes on it at New Jersey Motorsports Park (see picture below from that event). Since then I have visited the RCR shop in Michigan and have at various times discussed building an SL-C, GTR, and 962 with Fran. I was thrilled to learn that this car was being made available and jumped on it at the opportunity. Dan and Hill McCarty have been fantastic throughout the transaction.

Our current plans are to continue racing the car in the NASA Super Unlimited class in the Northeast region with the support of the team at Agile Automotive. Right now the 427 Katech LS-7 engine is out of the car for a complete rebuild. We are also rebuilding the Albins ST6-M transaxle as a preventative measure, since it has been some hours since the transaxle has been refreshed. Since the SU class at NASA is increasingly becoming the province of LMP3 cars, Hill and I are exploring potential ways of developing the car even further to be competitive.

I expect to be hitting the track next Spring to familiarize myself with the car in anticipation of running some regional NASA events later in the year. I am targeting 2023 as our year to contend for the NASA SU national championship.

Green (1).jpg

Welcome Ted, as an owner of a just finished GT40 I always fancy a SLC.
But living in the Netherlands, some dreams will just be dreams..

Nice.
You're in the right hands with Hill, he's a good guy.
Those LMP2 and3 cars will be quite the challenge.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the introduction Ted. Very nice car indeed. I will be following your progress with great interest.

Regards Brian

Ted

Supporter
An update:

We have completed rebuilding the Albins transaxle however the Katech LS-7 rebuild is being held up due to supply chain issues. Hill and I decided to install the back-up engine for the time being, an LS376/525 hp Chevy crate engine, just to get the car on track and to give me some time to acclimatize to the car. We plan to enter a few NASA Northeast division events later in the year so hopefully we will have the primary engine completed by then. I'm sure a few of the Super Unlimited competitors would love to have us racing with a backup engine that is some 160 hp less than our primary engine!

Joel K

Supporter
Ted, congrats your purchase I’d like to come down and see you run at NJMP. I’m in NJ, so an easy drive for me.

Ted

Supporter
Another update.

I just visited Agile to check on the progress of the rebuild. The LS-3 engine is now installed and we are waiting on some dyno time for a final tune before hitting the track. I will be revising the livery to reflect the new ownership.

Hill and I also have also discussed some further development on the car to improve the aero balance, lighten the car, and perhaps extract a bit more power out of the primary engine, the Katech LS-7.

Here are a couple of pics, the rear wing and front splitter are not on the car yet but the LS-3 engine is installed and looking good.

Black 28.jpg
Katech 12.jpg

any updates? More pics?

i was talking to Dan about buying this car in November ish. In between my soul searching it got sold. Glad to see it went to someone that’s going to campaign it properly!

Ted

Supporter
Here's the car as it currently sits in my workshop. We will be campaigning the car under the AGS Motorsports team and I renumbered the car to 26.

The car is being wrapped in a new livery as we speak, we will retain the green accents but I wanted to give the car a new look as it is so familiar to folks with the Raver Motorsports livery. I will post updated photos with the new livery once it is completed. I did have to modify the car slightly to accommodate my larger frame. It's not really a big cockpit nor is it easy to ingress/egress with a helmet and Hans device on when you are my size. Once the livery work is completed, I will be bringing the car down to Agile for a seat pour and final adjustments prior to preseason testing.

The car is currently running an LS-3 engine. The offseason rebuild of the LS-7 is nearly complete. The Albins transaxle was completely refreshed by the folks at Agile. The plan is to run the car in the NASA Northeast Division Super Unlimited class starting with Watkins Glen in April. We will be doing some pre-season testing at NJMP prior to the start of the season. We will run the divisional events with the LS-3 in the car and on Hoosier A7s. For the National Championship at Pitt Raceway in September, we will put the LS-7 in the car and run on slicks.

We will be supported by the boys at Agile. They have been absolutely top-notch in getting the car ready and I'm very excited to have Hill and the team supporting the car. They simply know what they are doing. The team has also signed a few small sponsorship deals to help offset some of the costs. We are also getting help from Fran and RCR. I am very excited about the upcoming season. We plan to be at all the NASA NE races so please feel free to drop by the paddock and say hello.

Black 51.jpg

Joel K

Supporter
Ted,

Looking forward to following you campaign the car in NASA NE. Please keep us posted when you plan on testing at NJMP. I’m in the area and would love to see the car run.

Ted

Supporter
New livery is complete, thanks to Advertising Graphics and Steve Oehri. We left some room for additional sponsor graphics, should we consumate any of the current deals we are pursuing. We will be testing at NJMP in the upcoming weeks ahead of the team's first race, Watkins Glen with NASA Northeast in late April.

New Livery (1).jpg
New Livery (1).jpg
New Livery (6).jpg
New Livery (10).jpg
New Livery (8).jpg
New Livery (4).jpg

Ted

Supporter
The car is at Agile Automotive right now but the splitter is in my trailer. I will update the photos at our next track session.

The car is at Agile Automotive right now but the splitter is in my trailer. I will update the photos at our next track session.
Hey Ted,

Any chance you:

1. Have a spec sheet on the LS7 rebuild
2. Will be posting your track times with both the LS376 and the LS 427, so we can see the progression?

Back