New registration query - MOT status

Hi all. AT LAST my DRB has IVA and Registration, with new 22 plate. Only 19 years in the making.......
I believe it is the only DRB in Europe. Let me know if you know otherwise.

I have a query about the date of next MOT. When I look up my registration on the gov.uk website, I see this -
1655329706220.png

1655329362208.png

and this -

For a normal new vehicle I see this -
1655329798179.png

1655329488361.png

Can anyone confirm if this in 'normal' for Kit Car. Registration document was issued on 6th June. Is it just 'timing' and it will sort itself out in a few more days? Or is there something wrong?

Thanks very much.

Hi Lee ....... firstly congrats on getting through the IVA. As I suspect you are fully aware your car will need its first MOT sometime in May 2025 before you can re-tax it. The DVLA web site doesn't always show things as logically as you would expect. As it's a new vehicle registration, I'm not surprised that it states, "No details held". It may not update until you get your first MOT. It is very unlikely you will get pulled over by the police as they will able to see the date of registration if they are following you. Enjoy the GT40 experience and most importantly enjoy the many hours you will spend talking to members of the great British public ......... particularly the pseudo experts who tell you Carrol Shelby build them all and it should be LHD.
Best regards
Steve

Hi Steve. Thank you. Actually my second 40. First was sold before ordering this one. It's still around, now in Finland.

With regards the MOT, I screen printed above the details of a more normal new car. It shows 'No results returned' and First MOT due = 2 March 2025.

But my car shows 'No details held by DVLA' and First MOT due = Unknown.
Based on the other example I'm expecting mine to say 'No results returned' and First MOT due = 1 June 2025.

Has anyone else who has gone through new registration in recent years seen this? I'm just concerned that something might not be recorded correctly somewhere. Maybe I will 'refused' taxing next year unless I produce an MOT (which it doesn't need but 'computer says no'). Would rather get it sorted now than later.

Cheers, Lee

Hi Steve. Thank you. Actually my second 40. First was sold before ordering this one. It's still around, now in Finland.

With regards the MOT, I screen printed above the details of a more normal new car. It shows 'No results returned' and First MOT due = 2 March 2025.

But my car shows 'No details held by DVLA' and First MOT due = Unknown.
Based on the other example I'm expecting mine to say 'No results returned' and First MOT due = 1 June 2025.

Has anyone else who has gone through new registration in recent years seen this? I'm just concerned that something might not be recorded correctly somewhere. Maybe I will 'refused' taxing next year unless I produce an MOT (which it doesn't need but 'computer says no'). Would rather get it sorted now than later.

Cheers, Lee

this is quite normal, mine was the same.
I got a reminder a few weeks ago telling me my tax would not renew as my MOT was due to expire so they do sort of know but just don’t update that field for some reason??

Just remember to get it done in three years and you’ll have no problems.

Back