New to all of this

Hello all,
I have just retired and I'm in the process of building my 1200 sq. ft. dream garage. Now I need something to build. I have always been in awe of the GT40 but have never built a car before. I own a SPF Mark III with a stroked 351 that puts out 485HP and is as fast as I want to go. I'm looking for suggestions. Is a GT40 too much to start as a build or should I be thinking more towards something simple like a lowboy or 3 window? I'd like some input about which is the best kit and where I can get info.
Thanks, JB

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
JB,
Welcome to the site. The 40 building process has been made a lot simpler
in the last few years with the arrival of Fran Hall's RCR and there are so many people as part of the gt40s.com website who can give all sorts of guidance and tips. I think it fair to say we all feed off each others ideas
which is the ideal scenario. If you want to build a 40, do it then ask the questions afterwards. Wives and Girlfriends are a seperate discussion.
Dave M

JB,

Welcome aboard!

Owning your SPF Mk III should be a good benchmark for guiding you in the direction of finding the right GT40 for you. The fact that you became a member of gt40s.com indicates you are the type of guy that does his homework first. Good start! Your SPF Cobra suggests you based your purchase on certain requirements. I think you will find that suppliers of GT40s are all across the board, just as Cobra replica companies. As you are probably aware, SPF has a very fine GT40 available in turn-key minus form. Depending on how big your piggy bank is, your technical and mechanical skill level, and how you intend to use the GT40, will most likely be factors in which 40 is right for you.

I suggest you do a little surfing on this web site. The answer to your question can be found in the many subsections on this web site.

Good luck!

Back