New to forum and want a car

Hi. New here and glad to be here. I have a Cobra replica and want a GT. Looking at a CAV. What is general opinion..is CAV the best or ?? Any general "look outs" to be on my list when looking? thanks a lot everyone G

Welcome Gary,

I would assume you've already gone through the myriad of GT40 shops on the internet and probably have seen builds by various guys here. But if not, searching through various builds might prove helpful in making your selection.

Welcome, Gary

I'm just a little south of Chicago. Don't have a car yet, but I'm hoping to pull the trigger this year.

As far as what is the "best" GT-40, you really have to start with a list of what you want from the car. For example, do you want the most accurate replica or do you want the most driveable car? They aren't necessarily the same. Then, there are the obligatory questions related to engine, body work, build time (complete kit versus turnkey), cost, etc., etc. What is "best" for you may not be "best" for me or the next guy or girl.

As Doc said, a good place to start is by browsing the builds on this site, followed by the technical forums. That's how I got started and how I ended up with my final decision (unless I change my mind again by the time I pull the trigger!).

And don't hesitate to ask questions. This site is full of very knowledgeable individuals who are more than willing to help.

Happy browsing.

Eric

Back