New to GT40

Hello all, my brother and I collect cars for Hobby and were able to purchase a 1966 GT40 over this past winter, since then I have been trying to find out exactly what we have, the car had spent the last 20+ years stored inside and never touched. I have definitely found out that there is a lot to learn, can someone point me in a direction on the forum to help me find out more of what we have, we have been told it looks like a GTD built car.
Thanks, Dean

Dean, Photos will help us to determine what you've got. If you could post pics of any manufacturing plates etc. that are on the car it'd be great. GTD's were, I'm told, the parent company of what is now known as Cape Advanced Vehicles (CAV) out of South Africa. Jean Foure I believe bought the rights to the company some years ago and is still involved with GT40's as the owner of CAV. He's a top bloke and should the need arise will provide additional information.

Dean, Photos will help us to determine what you've got. If you could post pics of any manufacturing plates etc. that are on the car it'd be great. GTD's were, I'm told, the parent company of what is now known as Cape Advanced Vehicles (CAV) out of South Africa. Jean Foure I believe bought the rights to the company some years ago and is still involved with GT40's as the owner of CAV. He's a top bloke and should the need arise will provide additional information.

Thanks for the reply what section would be best to post pictures in, i have been talking to Vic Wait and he as ruled out a KCC ( south african ) and first gen KVA
he thinks it could be a GTD built car in Poole England.

Since you're trying to determine the type of car I'd suggest ALL GT 40. Once you show photos you'll get answers pretty quick. This is a very sharp group. Good Luck.

Back