New US-based GT40 kit in final development.

As were are in final technical development, we are not able to give an exact price at this time. Currently, the price range falls between $25,000 - $30,000 + shipping. However, this may change - hopefully to the low side - for the benefit of our customers.

Ron Earp

Admin
Is this car a final development of Sean's "Meat's" car? This post would probably be better served in the manufacturer's announcement portion of the site and, if you are affliated with the company, then you need to change that on your user profile. Using your real name won't hurt business either, here and in real life.

Ron

Ron (and others that might care),

I don't believe this is Sean's M40 project.
He was using a semi-monocoque chassis designed
by Richard Hudgins (of JBL Cobra fame).

Ian

It's not. I'm not certain as to who "Sean" is as I'm relatively new to this site. I don't post very often, due to time contraints (I spend most of my time working!). All I can tell you for now, is that it is for real, it's made in the USA and, it's all new. If all goes as planned, we should be ready to ship our first kits in November of 2004. Please visit our website for more information, e-mail or call! We'll be posting additional information soon.

Juan,

Can you give us a sneak peek at the frame? Is your price
based on the current kit you have available, or is it the
final price when some other goodies are developed? How
complete a kit will you be offering in the future? What
parts will a builder have to source on their own?

Just trying to get some more details on the board for
people to see.

Ian

Juan sent me this reply direct, and I asked his permission
to post it.

Ron - do you need to be a paid member to post here?

For some reason, it seems the thread has been closed - I can't seem to get a reply button to come-up on any of our 4 computers here (2 macs and 2 PC's).

So... Let me answer your request via e-mail. October - November is our target date for release of the frame and body kit. Right now, I can't show you anything substantial on the frame. It is still in development, and subject to changes - therefore we don't feel comfortable is sharing images of it at this point. We are working as quickly as we can, while still trying to put-out a top-quality product. All I can ask is that you bear with us.

Our plan calls for the addtion of parts and components as the basic kit evolves and develops. However,it is not our goal to provide a "all in the box kit". The $25K- $30K figure is based on the frame, suspension, body kit - with maybe a few other "goodies" included - this is under consideration as well. This base price is subject to change as well - we're working to keep it on the low end of the scale, as much as we can.

Believe me, I'd like to post this on the board - but for some reason, either I am unable to, or the thread is shut down.

In the meantime, I'll put your e-mail on our reply list and keep you informed on any developments.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Juan Samartin
CJE Motorsports
(626) 445-8044

Ron Earp

Admin
The Manufactuers Forum is for forum supporters only, as mentioned in the header and other places on the board. As it should be - manufactuers stand to gain a lot from posting on GT40s.com as where else would they find so many potential customers? As this is essentially an annoucement it belongs in this section, not "All GT40" where it was originally posted. You cannot reply to it as you are not a supporter at the moment.

Ron

Just a line to keep everyone up-to-date. Our work continues, maybe not at the speed we originally intended, but is progressing. We will be posting an "News and Updates" to the CJE40 web page next week. Right now, there isn't much in the way of photos we can share, but we are hard at work.
Juan

CJE40 Project Cancelled.

I'm sorry to say that our CJE40 operations have ceased as of last week. Due to uncontrollable circumstances, we've had to pull the plug on the project. We've encountered several obstacles in the area of manufacturing, quality control and liability that have greatly influenced our decision. It was our goal from day one, to work tirelessly to produce a product we ourselves would want to own - we just didn't meet our own expectations. I wish to thank those of you on this site that expressed interest in our products and took the time to e-mail us. I hope to continue to be a $upporting member of this great site and a member of the GT40 community. As an owner of a GTD, I look forward to completing the car, now that I have the time to do it!
I wish great success to those that are currently producing GT40 kits, and hope that the future holds great promise and profit for you.

Juan Samartin

Back