Newark Kit Car Festival

Hi Folks
The Newark Kit Car Festival take place this weekend June 19/20, the organisers have allocated the GT40s a prime display area adjacent to the main stephenson exibition hall, The showground is just off the A1/A46 juntion north of Newark Nottinghamshire.
Admission is free to GT40 drivers so make the effort and attend this event, if your car is currently in build then there is usually a good attendance of parts traders and suppliers,
see you there!
cheers
John.

John, somehow I missed seeing this one, however as the wife will be in Paris this weekend looks like I might have a day free to blast - sorry cruise up the Fosse way and visit. Not sure which day yet as I know my daughter has something planned on one day. If I do make it I will try to get to the display area (will they let me on if it's Sunday before I can get there?) I have some freebies to give away too, 13mm spanners, so will bring some with me. Look forward to seeing everyone (if I can make it)

Hi Chris
You will be most welcome saturday or sunday or both, just head for the exhibitors entrance ( north end of the showground) and head for the main stephenson hall, the 40s are allocated space just by the main entrance.
see you there
John.

hi john grab me a spanner if i don,t make it down on sat afternoon depends on finishing time at work.paulc

Paul, as a fellow Yorkshireman (turned soft Southerner) I do hope you can make it. I now know it's Saturday that I will be there. I will need to leave early morning to get there at a reasonable time, but should be fun. Look forward to seeing you all.

Hi Folks
just got home from the show's first day, on show was a wide variety of kit cars, some dating back to the 80s boom in the kit industry and many from the present and high tech IVA ruled creations of the 21st century.
GT40 ENTHUSIAST of the event award must go to Chris Headon who set off at dawn from Devon to attend and also give out some top quality freebie combination spanners to the enthusiastic visitors to the GT40 display, many thanks Chris you made a lot of peoples day out in addition to displaying your splendid MDA, a marque rarely seen up here in the north.
Good to chat to many enthusiasts with cars in build, many going home with renewed enthusiasm to complete their cars after witnessing just how much the centre of attention the 40s can be!
Tomorrow (Sunday ) is usually a busier day and the weather forecast is good, so hopefully we will see more 40s in attendance.
cheers
John

Last edited:
Hi Chris It was good to see you at the Newark show today, Thank you for making the effort to attend and many thanks for the spaners. Hope to meet again.

cheers Bryn

Hi Chris - Sorry I missed you on Saturday but many thanks for the spanner. Hope you had a good journey home.

Paul C.

Had a good day at the Newark car show, my car was on the Total Kit Car stand, heres some interesting pictures (with possible 3 new members ;) )

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 277
All, thanks for the kind remarks in your posts, the whole day was great fun for me, my 40 behaved itself very well and it only needed one fill up on the return journey; got home with half a tank left and a quick calculation says that I was doing around 25mpg. Hope you had a good day on Sunday. Thanks John for the warm welcome.

QUOTE=dicktownsend;301543]Had a good day at the Newark car show, my car was on the Total Kit Car stand, heres some interesting pictures (with possible 3 new members ;) )[/QUOTE]

Come on Tony, sign them up! :idea:

We had something similar on the Saturday, with girls wearing very little draping themselves over the cars. Got a few photos, but not had time to upload them yet, will do when I get chance. Very cold for them, if you look closely you can see the goosebumps!

Back