Newbie From Melbourne Australia

Hi all.i have been a regular here for a couple of years now (always looking from the outside in)
i am looking to build one of these fantastic cars,i have been up to see peter in queensland (drb)and was very impressed with his car
i am waiting for a response from roaring forties regarding there car and cost..
i guess at this stage i will be getting a rolling shell(funds limited to about 30 odd grand aussie)
i must say the knowledge and willingness to help people that comes from this sight is fantastic you guys should give yourselves a real good pat on the back.
it has my decission a lot easier knowing that i can perhaps turn to you folk for some help and advice
thanks for having me here,i will keep you posted as things progress

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Welcome aboard!

Don't give up on the RF guys as they are right helpful bunch!

- I normally don't do this, giving people/companies a plug that is, but yesterday on my way down to the Geelong All Ford Day I had my EFI relay blow as I was flicking b/w fuel tanks. This was right in the middle of the Freeway midway b/w Geelong and Melbourne and I had to pull into the dividing median strip in the centre of the road.
It didn't take long for a bunch of cars to pull up to assist, 2 of which were the RF boys and with the help of many hands, electrical test lights and mobile phones, we traced the problem. A quick swap of the blown relay with the headlights relay got the pumps working again and we were back on the road.
I don't think a road side assistance has ever responded within 1 minute of breakdown, and I'm not sure if it will happen again - but it certainly got me out of a tight spot. Well done guys and thanks again Owen, Paul and Jonathan (& Brett for the jack with no handle :D)!

As you are a regular lurker ;) you'll know that everyone is helpful here and that all the manufacturers produce great products. I suggest that you get out there and see some cars for yourself - really hard to be disappointed with any of these cars!

Good luck

Bill Hara

Good to hear you were up and going again.

I heard a rumour that a certain Barwon Heads identity - not the aerobatic one - drove up with a trailer for someone. Now that's road side service.

Mmmm a sore kneck after looking skyward.. watching that aerobatic GT40 owner

Was also nice to meet the RF guys at the All Ford Day and watch their film directing later..

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Lets not crowd out Glenn's welcome note - we'll start a new thread on the All Ford Day.

Bill

i am of tomorrow to see the boys at roaring forties tomorrow and have a look and get an idea of what i am in for,,,,,,
i feel like a little boy waiting for christmas morning to come
i am very excited

Well its sunday night ,11;53 and i have decided to go with the rf 40.my wife is having our 4th child on wednesday,(caesar) so i plan to pay for the 2 kits part 1 and part 2 on tuesday,hopefully get in the next couple of weeks and then let the games begin
wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo

car has been ordered my chassis no is RF2 013
should have it in a couple of weeks,would have been sooner but new baby coming tomorrow morning,few weeks rest for my wife then get stuck into it .
thankyou to the guys at rf (really nice guys ) will keep you all posted
yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Back