Nordschliefe 2008

Hi again
Back in 2005 I took my eldest daughter to the Nurburgring for her 21st birthday (yes being car mad does run in the family) in a 150BHP VX Calibra, as expected the bug bit us both. Now two years later I am considering going back in a real car to try to improve on my lap time. I have not looked at dates available yet but it will probably be in May or June. I know that there are some companies out there arranging trips, but last time I did it at a fraction of the cost they want to charge by arranging it all myself. If anyone is interested in joining up to make a social event out of the trip from the UK or en route please let me know. I have listed my contact details here just in case they are hard to find elswhere. If this contravenes the rules please accept my apologies and remove them.
Thanks
[email protected]

Own a GT40, Go to the ring and not take it! are you mad? Of course I will be taking it, the only issue I have is whether to drive it over or trailer it over, I think that driving it over will probably win in the end, I just cannot think about going all that way and not driving it through Europe, bliss!
As for the ring itself, my last experience of it was a really good one, most if not all drivers seem to know the etiquette of the track and will move over for faster drivers without the need for prompting. I know it has a reputation but I found it a really nice track to drive, and the paddock car park was just as good for a chat to like minded people who were all there for the same thing, to enjoy the ring and the company of others, no wonder you get hooked.

Back