Dimensions of missing flat pack chassis parts

As per the title, I am looking for some dimensions from someone who may have a part built chassis to hand. I bought a flat pack chassis second hand that hadn't been opened since shipping from Darren at GTForte (boo, hiss) to the guy that sold it to me and surprise, surprise there are several pieces missing (27 in total!)

I have metal stock here that I can use to make up the most of the parts (the majority are the diagonal pieces that join the upper and lower sub sections together and there are enough present that I can figure out the rest.

Where I am falling short, however ('scuse the pun) is that there are a couple of pieces missing that dictate the overall length of the chassis.

Please see the attached images. If anybody can measure up their chassis for the Orange sections highlighted in the images, I will be eternally greatful.

I know what you're thinking with regards to the chassis and GTForte in general. But I'm sticking with the chassis as it is my intent to first built up, then modify quite heavily to do away with the suspension geometry issues (C5 Suspension and uprights) and side impact protection that the chassis has as standard and nobody else offers a flat pack chassis. £3.5k for something I intend to pull apart and improve upon seems a waste which is why I ruled out something preassembled and I wanted to build something from scratch.

Many thanks

Chris

Attachments

• 20240313_223653.jpg
    20240313_223653.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20240313_223645.jpg
    20240313_223645.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240313_223639.jpg
    20240313_223639.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 70

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi, just off the top of my head, Wheelbase is 95in. The front shockabsorber ‘turret’ bracket is pretty much in the centre of the front hub.

The rear wishbone arm bracket on chassis is close to the rear hub center. So from that you could lay out the top and bottom chassis parts and fill in the blanks

Hi, just off the top of my head, Wheelbase is 95in. The front shockabsorber ‘turret’ bracket is pretty much in the centre of the front hub.

The rear wishbone arm bracket on chassis is close to the rear hub center. So from that you could lay out the top and bottom chassis parts and fill in the blanks
Thanks Morten. I'm going for C5 suspension but the wheelbase will help put me in the right direction

Back