O1e 300 045 Q Ekn

Having bought this gear box which is normally fitted to an audi 4.2 A8 and having installed it into my rf I have found two plastic plugs on the rt side ,one below the rt output shaft and one facing rear wards on the penultimate casing does anyone out there know what fits them (they look like oil pressure line size).
Hopefully they are for an oil cooler as it might be one of the audi boxes with built in oil pump, so far audi uk have been of little help as this particular box is not used in the uk and is a german import.
Should it be for oil coler how do I work out how much oil to put in the box. Is it fill the box to the required level then fill the ancillaries and connect them?
Has anyone got any source of information for me

thanks in usual anticipation

as soon as its out of the paint shop (nxt week) will try and post my build photos ,Yep its nearly ther with just the final assembly and a few small issues(like gear box ) to sort. All the basics are sorted and the engine is able to rumble Cant wait!!!!!!!

have hopefully attached the fphoto of the one plug in the box has any one any ideas the second one is at the rear

Attachments

• gt40 box 003.jpg
    gt40 box 003.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 326
yep can now do photos so must improve on description ITS THE YELLOW PLASTIC PLUG THAT ALSO HAS A SIMILAR ONE IN THE PENULTIMATE CASING

hi huw, i have a gearbox (a02 6spd) with similar front housing,where that plastic bung is there is a void that looks like it would take a filter\strainer,so your theory could be right.have you removed the plug and or the plate it is mounted to see what is behind it.
cheers ali

The code EKN gearbox does indeed have an internal oil pump for an external oil cooler. One would assume the A8 gearbox would be the best selection for a V8 GT40 etc. application, however it has a pretty short 1st gear ratio (3.875:1). With the 3.75:1 differential, that yeilds a net ratio of 14.5:1 for 1st gear. The yellow plastic plug in the picture would be the oil pump output. I've attached an illustration of the A8 EKN cooler and pump.

Andy

Attachments

• A8 Oil Cooler for EKN.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 357
thanks andy thats what I needed to know ,looks like I will be using 2nd a lot!
and Ali yes I did remove the bung and most of the oil ran out!!

Back