Opinions wanted on Quaife QTEK

Hello. I'd like to hear your opinions about the Quaife QTEK 6-speed. The pic below shows that, unlike Porsche gearboxes, the side plate is on the left side so the box doesn't have to be inverted for mid-engined configuration. Can be had in either H gate or sequential. Price 7,500 GBP for H gate. Specs:

Quaife QTEK 6-speed H pattern transaxle gearbox is a universal fitment for mid or rear engined applications.

Quaife QTEK 6-speed H pattern transaxle gearbox is available in two versions: dog engagement with sequential shift, or H pattern with helical gears.

Gears are available in straight cut for race use, or helical cut for road use.

Quaife QTEK 6-speed H pattern transaxle gearbox has a Quaife ATB differential included as an integral part.

Quaife QTEK 6-speed H pattern transaxle gearbox can be run in standard or inverted fitment, depending on the application. The oil pump is incorporated within the transaxle unit.

With the Quaife QTEK 6-speed H pattern transaxle gearbox the crank centre line can be above or below output flange.

The final drive uses a spiral bevel gear.

Quaife QTEK 6-speed H pattern transaxle gearbox includes mounting and suspension pick up points.

Over 15 types of bellhousings available to suit different applications.

Maximum recommended power 450bhp.
Weight approximately 65kg.

Quaife QTEK 6-speed H pattern transaxle gearbox is ideal for applications such as Lotus Esprit V8, Ford GT, Ultima, Noble etc.

Various ratio options. Base set race:
2.600, 1.933, 1.533, 1.250, 1.043, 0.880

Base set race:
3.000, 2.000, 1.458, 1.143, 0.921, 0780

FD ratios:
3.700, 4.111

-281_QTEK22156.jpg

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Croc,

Here's an opinion, but it's only mine... If you run the trans that way, the input shaft is above the driveshaft centreline. that means either your motor is going to sit much higher than desirable or you are going to have excessive plunge on your driveshafts. Or both! I won't comment on the price!

If you're looking for a Quaife for a GT40 then the ZFQ would have to be the logical choice surely?

If you're looking for bang for bucks then you can't go past the 930:dead:

If you're looking for a Quaife for a GT40 then the ZFQ would have to be the logical choice surely?

If you go for a Quaife box then the one to go for is the new ZFQ which has been specially designed for the GT40.
Thanks. Sorry I should have said this before - actually it's for a Porsche GT3 engine in a Cayman. Since Porsche AG won't launch such a model (they want to protect their flagship, the 911), I'm planning to do a engine & trans swap. The r&p of the GT3 gearbox (G50 based) is not flippable, and the stock Cayman gearbox simply will not fit (differnet bell bolt pattern), which is why I'm looking for a suitable gearbox.
Somebody have done such a conversion by inverting the GT3 gearbox but the half shafts angled downwards and fouled the chassis..

I know this board is only for GT40's but I find this transaxle board interesting .. :)

Regards

Back