Original T70 MK3b body for sale

Hello,

I have a McKee that has a Lola T70 MK3b body on it. I will likly be selling the Lola body to restore the McKee to original and would like to see if anyone has interest in it.

Attachments

• newest outside.JPG
    newest outside.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 1,292
HI Casey. I have pictures of your car from a while back if you are interested. Also, I am a member of the informal "McKee club", and would be happy to steer you to some folks that might prove useful in your effort to restore the car. McKees rule ! Here is a picture from the McKee reunion at Road America last July... Your car would be a big hit. :)

Attachments

• KIC 2007 054 (Small).jpg
    KIC 2007 054 (Small).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,241
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,249
Thank you for the great reply. Yes, I have talked with Bob McKee and my chassis is the lost Mk1 Chevette that finished 3rd behind Hall and Penske in the Chaparrals one race. Naturally it needs a one off aluminum body and I am figuring what to do with the cars restoration.
I am finishing a big sponsor deal that will send me to Europe to race F3 and train for F1. If it goes through I will have the money to have the car restored to original form. If it falls through, I may do a mechanical restoration with the Lola body my self so I have something to run this year.
What do you know about my car's history with the Lola body? The darn thing has air-con and late 70's early 80's gauges in it, but what kind of street car would you have with a McKee treanaxle sans reverse? It is an odd ball, but at least the Lola body fits decently and would make an atractive car if gone through.

Would this be the car Jerry Hansen car that wore #44 on a raw alloy body in its day- Similar car was run by Dick Doane#29 with paint at same time. Have some pics from a very old Slot Car mag of these two cars plus Chaparrals at the time. Better not post them here or Ron will vent his spleen. PM me your email & I will scan the article for you if you like.
Couple of guys in my area who could knock out a replica of the Chevette body if your interested.

Jac Mac

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Out of interest, what's the transaxle shown in the bottom pic? Or is it just the photo angle, it doesn't look like the normal DG300 or LG500/600 that these things normally have?

That transaxle is a McKee. He made his own casing and used a t-10 gearbox mated to his casing with ford differential and halibrand quick change gear. NO REVERSE.

That car looks very familiar. I bought a McKee in Oklahoma many years ago, and because the body was in poor shape, even had a fiberglass Lotus 19 nose, I found a guy making T70Mk3B bodies off the Jo Bonnier car. It took a while to install the body, create wiring, wipers, head and taillights, etc.

The car had a 355 inch Chevy with Webers when I sold it to a guy out in Connecticut. The headers in the photo of the rear look a lot like the ones I had to build. I later heard the Connecticut guy sold it to someone in NY but I lost track of it after that. It was a street/autocross car when I had it, but no AC or creature comforts.

I have a book on the car with SCCA log books (as a McKee) back in Michigan. (In Fla now for the winter)

Perhaps I can help you with some of the History and what I had to change to make the body work (Lola was slightly longer wheelbase than McKee for instance).

Dan rockonsmile

The Lola body is no longer for sale.

I have started to restore the car with the intention of using the Lola body.

Thanks for the interest though.

Casey----pls Give Me A Call ---i Saw That T70 10yrs Ago In Brooklyn Ny---in A Basement Of A Building ---i Have A Little History----dennis ---973 713 3175

Denis, is that the correct phone number? I called and the person said it's the wrong number.

Sorry Guys My Mistake ---no Is 973 714 3175 ---iam A 2 Finger Type Guy ---sometimes The Left Finger Doesnt Know What The Right One Is Doing ----dennis

Back