P/1083 Refresh Pictures

Come on, Rick, I know you got more pictures! Those are fantastic and I could stare at them for hours. Thanks for posting.

Well, no more of 1083 but a few like these. Every where you turn...all originals. It was cool to see Newman's car. I saw it race at Limerock back in the day.

Amazing place, and just down the street from you Mark!

Rick

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 956
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 943
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 948
I am a former race driver for the Fittipaldi team close to the years you mention the historical participation of the GT 40 unit 1083.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
To my recall Wilson Fittipaldi never made a win with this formidable jewel. The owner of this GT 40 unit was Sidney Cardoso a race driver at my time as well in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rio de Janeiro</st1:place></st1:City> and I am quite sure, imported the car directly from the manufacturer, Lola Cars Limited. Jose Carlos Pace also known from us Brazilian drivers as “Moco”, incredible driver and champion, as well never sat in this machine. In fact at that time from what I recall, Moco drove a beautiful Alfa Romeo P33 which he has as well a bad accident in the same <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Rio de Janeiro</st1:City></st1:place> racing track. It is wonderful to meet again with this car through out your site. Thank you for the opportunity to see again this wonderful Erick Broadley’s great magician work. <o:p></o:p>

Rick & Archie

These pictures are stunning ............i like many are in the process of building replicas and this has to be one of the best selection of photos of one car i have ever seen. You can never take enough pictures for reference. Thank you.

Adding that big fuel cell for Le Mans Classic is strange. The races are only 45 minutes and the regular fuel cells in the sills hold enough fuel for that; in my GT40 is enough fuel in the normal tanks to last 45 minutes.
On top of that, having a fuel cell in the nose is not a very safe idea!

Dean -- Very Nice Of You To Say. I Try To Keep It In Top Shape And Also Race It A Few Times A Year (since I'm Not A Believer In "trailer Queens"). These Have To Be Among The Greatest Race Cars Of All Time!

Best -- Archie

Lovely serie of pictures.
Also the background of the garage seems too interesting (sorry, but I always look also at pics background:D),and cool to see many fellows around looking every corner (also down there I see a military Dodge,can be a wc54?).

In italy also we have many places as those, one very near to my parents house is Olivati's greatest historical ferrari collection in the world,but all is closed inside his company building producing luxury yachts.
The same, I've seen a huge collection of historical Lancia in Jas Motorsport underground (owned by Giorgio Schon,the main judge in last 60th historical contest).they have nearly all down there, from the real official s4s to many many beta Montecarlos and Stratos.
I used to go down there to take tyres..and loose nearly one our everytime...
All closed, all private, all hided to eyes, and no pics allowed...as usual.

thank u for sharing;)

Last edited:
Back