Tornado @ Lime Rock Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for stopping by for a chat.

Its always good to meet other forum members.

The 4 day event has turned out to be a real success for us :thumbsup:

Kudos to Alex K. @ LRP for doing a fine job marketing the event, thanks Alex!

Cheers,
Scott

I noticed in your first picture that is seems like the foot box area is picture framed in 3/4 in aluminum angle. Is the norm for the constuction of this kit or just something that will be omitted later?

Guy's,

Tornado Sports Cars will again have a booth at LRP for the 2009 "Vintage Festival" September 4-7.

See you there!

Cheers,
S

Attachments

• lime rock 011.jpg
    lime rock 011.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 369
  • lime rock 012.jpg
    lime rock 012.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 323
Scott,Eric,Bill and ?? I was trying to get an idea of who is going this year but the thread only indicated Jim may organize something,loosely,when there. I believe Allanffr will be there Sunday. My car will arrive this week so it won't be ready in time unless a DMV miracle occurs. I will be going up on the Harley,so I'll stop by. Is there anything in the works to get everyone together in one spot. If so,when and where?

Hi Al,

I have heard from neither Eric or Bill.

Bill is probably covered in "S" glass cloth (or do you use "E' glass Bill?) at the moment!

Eric is probably too busy driving either his GTD, 427 Vette, or his spyder in the beautiful northwest corner!

(By the way Eric, I have an extra weekend pass if you want it.)

I'll be busy all weekend at the display and the car show Sunday, but please do drop by and introduce yourself Al!

Cheers,
S

That sounds OK. I have a few things to do in the morning but I should be there at noon. My car should be delivered the next day or at least within a day or two so this will keep me from sitting home going crazy waiting for the truck. A.J.

Scott, It's E-glass and I will be up to my eyes & elbows all weekend making GT40 bodiee & a LMP body. I figure, I'm a year behind! I go every year with my Daytona Coupe but not this year. I might go Friday. I may have to sneak out early in the morning without my wife knowing! The Daytona Coupe is too loud, so I'll drive my Dakota pick-up.

Amazing weather today and sizeable crowds for a weekday.

Some pics;

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 335
Scott, it was nice to meet you in person today at Lime Rock.It was an exceptionally great day,weather wise. All weekend actually. There were some incredible machines there and the restoration quality was amazing, from front engine Indy cars to Lagonda to early,early stuff as well as the GT40's and Cobras. Had a brief talk with 'Archie',owner of #83 GT40. He said the mechanic 'stayed' with the car from before the previous owner,adding up to over 20 years with the car.

Last edited:
Scott,
It was great fun to spend some time with you Sun.@ Limerock.I found it great to have my Daytona coupe parked next to your GT.Talk about a piece of Ford racing history!Two gret looking cars side by side.
It's always great to check out the details of your GT.It does however make the remaining wait for delivery of my kit that more painfull. By the way,how did the test drive go?
Thanks for the Pass,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back