P2270 Almost Finished

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
My McLaren/Amon #2 replica, P2270 is near completion. They fired up the engine today and all systems are go. A few final details to complete and it'll be on the way home soon. Better pictures to come once it gets here.

Attachments

• 100_4040 (2048x1536).jpg
    100_4040 (2048x1536).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 516
  • 100_4034 (2048x1536).jpg
    100_4034 (2048x1536).jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 436

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Engine is by Robert Pond of Robert Pond Motorpsorts, the maker of the best (in the opinion of many builders, like Keith Craft and Barry Robotnik) FE blocks available. The engine is a 427 FE aluminum block; Robert Pond's heads and custom grind cam; bore and stroke calculate to 482 cu in.; Holley 750 HP Ultra carb. Net result: 611 hp and 605 ft.lbs of torque...539 ft.lbs at 3,000 rpm. ZF gearbox. Fully polished intake and heads. Aviaid oil pan. (Dyno Chart from my engine attached).

I have added the original design engine and transmission oil coolers, turkey pan, and original spec Holman Moody lexan intake stack. I have the Holman Moody Valve covers and the original style "baldy" chromes. The car is a left hand drive. I have added the front hood diffusers, cockpit seal kit, oil pan skid plate, aluminum door "eyelids", substituted a period-correct (in appearance) gps speedo. Small details such as the "FORD" name added to the lower stripes as original. Added hydraulic rear hatch struts, clear Lexan engine cover.

We have addressed the majority of the previously identified concerns and minor issues reported (brake fluid weeping, etc.) during the build. There are no issues with this chassis on panel fit, door alignment or paint. It's a very, very nice example. More small details will be added over time...correct Lucas rear view mirror, etc.

Attachments

• Robert Pond 482FE HP-TRQ chart and graph.xls
    35 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Very nice. I'm interested in how your going to seal clamshell to run the velocity stack? I'm in the process of doing the same thing and am looking at filtration options.

Rich.

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Rich,

Sorting that out now. I am going to run a very small round filter the majority of the time, while the clear stack will be installed for show...and, an occasional run just to hear the unrestricted howl. I'll post pics of the final installation with both in place once it gets home.

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Almost done!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEzqMO87Sjo]Superformance GT40 MKII - YouTube[/ame]

Back