KCC GT40 for sale

Marcus

Supporter
Hi All,

I am selling my GT40 Replica manufactured by KCC in 1987. This cars has been highly modified by professional engineers at GT40 Developments to update it to compare favourably with a modern Southern/AK or TORNADO GT40 at 60% of the the cost.

This is a useable working classic and is fully shaken down and has had 3000 miles of Club Member use.

The car has a steel tubular chassis but with fully independent suspension all round as can be seen by the photo's which is fully adjustable with rose mounted joints.

The body is glass fibre and finished in newly painted period correct 1960's FORD Candy Apple Red with white racing strip. The period racing decals can be retained or removed should the new owner wish a more contemporary look.

The body benefits from a single nostril in the front Clam which is the best GT40 option for cooling which is an important GT40 option. The Car also features a very well engineered cooling system including a large 3 litre expansion tank which sits very high in the engine bay and is connected to a secondary 3 litre catch tank. The engineering means this car is useable in even modern hot summer road traffic conditions.

The engine is a period FORD 302 Small Block Windsor with a fuel injected carb which gives spot on throttle response from correct metered fuel delivery via a high performance Edlebrock inlet manifiold.

The Audi gearbox is mated to the engine and features a true to original right hand 5 speed original gear shift mounted on drivers cill. This gearshift even features a true to original wooden gear knob....

The Bundle of snakes exhaust has had a newly coated Ceramic paint applied to reduce heat in the engine bay by a clamed 15%.

This car is not a garage queen it has covered just and is a very useable GT40 in every sense and will be a totally unique addition to any classic collection.

The car has newly trimmed leather seats with GT40 eyelets. The steering wheel is a suede leather flat bottom racing style with matching red stitching. The car has two new TRS 4 point racing harness.

Electrically the gauges are Period correct SMITHS and smaller VDO and importantly they all work correctly.

The car has been newly serviced with new oil and filters.

KCC cars are very rare here in the UK..... The car has a V5 and is PLG registered at a tax bracket of £250 a year which will become tax exempt in 2027.

A high quality GT40 replica new in the UK will set you back in excess of £130, 000 plus depending on specification. Prices remain very stable due to the limited number of cars that come to the market. The asking price stated is an very fair price for a lovely trouble free , fully operational GT40 replica.

Any test of the car/ inspection is welcome and the car can be viewed on a ramp to be fully visually inspected.

Interested parties please get in touch for more details and more pictures will be added soon to complete the listing.

Asking price is circa £76,000.

For pictures please click onto the link below.

www.carandclassic.com/l/C1665038

Thanks and regards,

20231123_122513.jpg20231123_122439.jpg20231123_122429.jpg20231123_122413.jpg20231123_122333.jpg20231123_122307.jpg20231122_180444.jpg20231123_122249.jpg20231122_180340.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus

Supporter
Hi all,
Not sure if its the time of the year or the state of the world economy but my lovely heavily modified KCC build is still available....
The car would make an excellent entry level for someone looking for a real head turning ultra reliable first GT40.
I know its not a Superformance or Gelsco but nevertheless for those with pockets not that deep its still an extremely accurate replica.
All details as per the original post herein and the car can be viewed in the South Herts area of the UK (1 hour drive from central London) .
I am open to sensible offers on the car circa 70k GBP.

Hi Marcus: Beautiful car and a very reasonable price as well! 4-6 years ago it would have been a serious contender for a purchase by me. Having followed the market for the past few years, very few GT40s sell immediately. It takes the right person for a car like this - which I see as something positive-
and patience by the seller. Good luck ...

Back