PEDAL BOX

i am thinking of moving my floor mounted pedal box, to top mounted. Replacing the existing one with the willwood pedal box, the fabrication would be no problem for me.
what do you think? good move or not. I find that the floor mounted pedals are an unnatural movement?
best regards Dick
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dick,

Strange, but I'd love to replace my top hung pedals with a floor mounted version!

I've fitted & used the tilton pedal assy in the past & found them to be perfect! easily adjustable & suprisingly compact, altho I do think they are better suited to shorter pedal travel....

FWIW floor mounted setup keeps the weight of the pedal assy lower in the chassis...

I guess it's down to personal preference!

Hi Dick,

Can't reach the pedals anymore?

I've heard that people shrink when they get

Old Timer's Disease!!!

Stick with the floor mouted pedals.

Bill

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dick-Suggestion: find someone with a top mounted pedal box in their GT40, try it out, and see if you like it better. It's your car, if something feels weird, change it.
Jack

Julian with floor mounted pedal i use the side of my foot when doubling which i find hard to do, with the top mounted pedals my foot would be off the floor all ready, so i can use my heal what do you think?
Bill
Old Timer's Disease!!!
yes getting shorter but i was only 5.7 to start with
i was told today that i am going to be a dad again
at 48 i should no what was causing it !!!!! it must have been those cigars you sent me
what did you put in them?

Jack i think your hit the nail on the head, i will try it, if it wrong
i will let you all know. the pedal that is

dad to be Dick

Congratulations Dick!

Sorry about those special cigars. I hope

you didn't smoke them all yet, as having one

child at a time is plenty!

Bill

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hi Dick

I think we live in a parallel universe, I went to Le Mans whats your excuse?
Here is a photo of my new pit crew member trying out the GT40 car seat for the shorter passenger.
By the way his name is Miles.
Congrats
Chris
Nadezhda+and+Miles5.jpg

[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

G

Dick
Why not raise the floor level in front of your pedals if you find that your feet are off the floor at inconvenient moments. I did this in my Cobra replica years ago and found it ok.
Malcolm

Dick,

Maybe adjusting the pedal height may make toe&heel a little easier? maybe a slightly higher brake pedal & lower throttle??

I spent quite a while adjusting my stock GTD pedal box (top hung) & still can't get a perfect set-up.. I reckon floor mounted pedals will be on my list of mods...

IIRC you need to re-position the steering rack to fit a floor mounted pedal box, so as to make room for the MC's.. is this how your car is?

Hi, i'm just getting ready to put pedals in my 40 as well, and had thought the top hung tilton set to be the way to go. but i'm now considering floor mounts after reading this thread, and that makes me wonder about the comment regarding moving the steering rack. could i use one of those generic center mounted and center shafted steering racks?

I haven't looked at this properly yet, so am blagging, but as I see it, on the GTD you need to mount the steering rack higher on the chassis to make way for the floor mounted MC's.

Am not sure of the effect on geo, or how the raised position of the steering column will affect footwell space....

does anyone have any more info on this?

Back