Polyurethane Paint

I have had great luck with the industrial Imron paints in the past and have also used single part polyurethane primers/filler and paints from interlux and west marine.

The cost of these products compaired to automotive products is about 1/3 to 1/2 of the price with excellent quality. I have also found using penatol at the final cost does away with any and all orange peal from the enamal not flowing out. Color selection is limited however.

If anyone has other linear two part or single part paints that you like please post your preference

here is the Imron data sheet
best

Attachments

• Imron2-8HG.pdf
    597.1 KB · Views: 255
I don't think a shop can spray Imron anymore in California. It's on the ban list and I believe it doesn't spray well from an HVLP gun.

hey xlr8or

I hear ya. It is not easy to find..or purchase.

Depends where you live, I can buy the paint Imron in Santa Cruz no issue. No deal in the Sf Bay Area. The city folks use it for all of they stuff because of the salt spray from the ocean.

This is why I go with Poly boat paint, it works great one or two part, excellent results.

As far as commercial painting you have to go where you can get it done.

I do it myself. No issue with spraying marine poly in a boat yard. LOL

It you thin it(Imron) correctly it sprays fine thru my HPLV gun, slow thinner with penatrol for the final coat.
You must wet sand the base coat after you get the color on. The low VOC paint is not what I like... it is also a multi coat system.

Whatever you do wear good protective mask and clothing, do not breath this stuff! Same with fiberglass dust.

best

Back