O.K Max,
Here goes:
MK1's 1019, 1021, 1024, 1028, 1033,1037,1049,1076,1077,1083,

MK2's 1015, 1016, 1046, 1012

MK3 1105 also 1109 with MK1 body panels

Roadsters GT108, GT109

J6 and 5 other MKIv's perhaps Jim can tell us the chassis no's

Not only where the cars awesome, the people were great too,
Jim J6 is such an enthusiastic guy, he gave us so much info, also Phil Henney-ex Filipinetti mechanic spent a lot of time telling us of his experiences with the cars, Don Coleman who new the original cars inside out, John Horsman was one of the nicest unassuming people I have met, he spent a good part of his evening during the hospitality event telling me about the development of the cars, I beleive he actually drove GT105 with Richie Ginther and Des O'Dell during the tests at the MIRA track

All the MK-IV's in existance were there and are in the group photo.
J3 (yellow #1 car near J6 yellow#2)
J4 (yellow #1)
J5 (red#1)
J6 (yellow #2)
J7 (Bronze #3)
J8 (Blue #4)
Best

Also met Fran Hall, Victor Antkowiak and Bryan Clark, Forum members, spent most of the week with them, really good bunch of guys!

ROY, do you have any contact information on Phil Henney? You mention meeting him at Monterey, and that he is an "ex-Filipinetti mechanic." I would be interested in contacting him, as I own one of the two Filipinetti team GT40s, #P1040. I have some information about the car's racing days but am always looking for more. Thanx!

Hi Don
you could be in luck as I think Roy got hold of Phil's business card.
We thought about you and P1040 whilst looking at the immaculate P1033 in the Filipinetti colours
(See the photos above), for my money it was the best car at Monterey.

Regards
Chris.

I met Bud Romak and his son in the early 1980s when they owned #1033, fresh from its reconstruction/restoration by Phil Reilly & Co. I also met with Reilly at his facility in Corte Madera, CA, around that time. WOW, what an operation! I think his shop has been responsible for at least one Pebble Beach "Best In Show" if not more. #1033 has always been an immaculate car, both when Romak owned it and under its subsequent ownership by Tom Armstrong (who also has a Grand Sport Corvette, Lola Can Am car, etc.). I have looked at many, many GT40s over 30+ years and have always said that I would be very pleased if my #1040 wound up looking like #1033. #1033 isn't the most authentic original GT40 around, but for eye appeal it is very hard to beat. Any info on the ex-Filipinetti mechanic would be appreciated. I correspond with a fellow-GT40 owner in Switzerland who has a lot of info, photos, etc. on what was his "home town" race team (Filipinetti), but of course getting the chance to speak with someone new would be great. Maybe he can shed some more light on exactly what was left of #1040 after the Monza fire in '67.

Back