Prestige Motorsports

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
While researching a engine builder for my upcoming RCR LOLA T70 build, I came across this video. I thought it was nicely presented. I am having them quote a unconventional build for my car and Doug and Jason are diligently working on it. I think it should be a awesome build.
Enjoy the video.

Sorry, I couldn’t get the video to properly load on the forum.
Look up

Prestige Motorsports Thankful Thursday

Or pm me and I’ll send you the link. I don’t know why it won’t link properly on the forum.

Regards Brian

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
@Brian Kissel send me the link in email and I’ll see if it works for me - we might need Harry to fix something..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Insert Link looks like it works…

Attachments

• IMG_3631.jpeg
    IMG_3631.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 74

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just seen some social media posts about my engine from Prestige. Short blips of it. It’s around 3:14 in the one video. It’s the black and purple Kinsler EFI one. If you ever need anything Kinsler, contact Brad there. He’s the man !!
Also received a Facebook post. I am living life through Jim Albrights Lola build currently.

FYI, Fran isn’t holding me up on my build, I’m holding him up. Family issues and work have prevented me from getting down to drop off parts to him. That should change soon.
Regards Brian

08DA1884-52E3-427A-8563-A2F7F48DE0F7.png
D200DF72-F5A2-4B74-A809-1B6F1D4AC7DB.png

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Prestige Motorsports built my GT40 engine four years ago. They are AWESOME. Anyone who is looking for an engine build should consider using them.

Randy Folsom

Supporter
I went with Prestige and I am very pleased. They are good, but do not rely on them for their RCR40 fitment knowledge. I knew nothing at the time so just went with their recommendations. Had I known better I would have specified the following
  • Aivide makes a GT40 pan with a starter notch. I got the one without the notch.
  • MSD makes a compact distributor. I got the standard size and it just barely clears the firewall.
  • You can get any valve cover you want. I got their standard which won’t fit under the MK1 rear clip. I should have gotten flat top covers.
Hope this helps.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry to hear that, Randy. Another issue for RCRGT40 customers to watch is the fitment of the front runner system. As I understand it, the front runner system that fits Superformance cars won't work on an RCR. Something to confirm with Prestige if you're having them build an engine with a front runner system for you.

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Sorry to hear that, Randy. Another issue for RCRGT40 customers to watch is the fitment of the front runner system. As I understand it, the front runner system that fits Superformance cars won't work on an RCR. Something to confirm with Prestige if you're having them build an engine with a front runner system for you.
Dave, I don’t feel it is Prestige’s fault. They can’t be expected to know all the different cars these engines are going into. They told me that their front runner options won’t work on the RCR40 and recommended I reach out to CVF. So that was good. Cheers, Randy

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I agree, Randy. I didn't mean to blame Prestige. I was just pointing out that there are differences between front runner systems that work for Superformance and RCR.

Back