R.I.P poddock

Off topic. I have always wondered why Americans say "I could care less", when they actually mean, "I couldn't care less"? This has always confused me and I hear hear it so often spoken in TV shows etc. So it isn't just a case of interpretting it when written either.

Off topic. I have always wondered why Americans say "I could care less", when they actually mean, "I couldn't care less"? This has always confused me and I hear hear it so often spoken in TV shows etc. So it isn't just a case of interpretting it when written either.

All the revised history textbooks are saying that's probably why we broke away from you guys in the first place! Grammar Police!

Ella F. and Louis Armstrong - Let's Call the Whole Thing Off - YouTube

People are lazy, just not all in the same way. If you point it out then they bitch at you for pointing it out instead of realizing "Oh yeah, you're right." It's written (or typed) mistakes that really get to me, not because they simply made the mistake, but because they aren't applying any thought to it. There are way too many people out there that actually type "could of" instead of "could've" or "could have." How about "opps" instead of "oops"? Do these people really think the English language works that way? Two p's make the oo sound? Come on people - use your friggin head.

People are lazy, just not all in the same way. If you point it out then they bitch at you for pointing it out instead of realizing "Oh yeah, you're right." It's written (or typed) mistakes that really get to me, not because they simply made the mistake, but because they aren't applying any thought to it. There are way too many people out there that actually type "could of" instead of "could've" or "could have." How about "opps" instead of "oops"? Do these people really think the English language works that way? Two p's make the oo sound? Come on people - use your friggin head.
The word "friggin" is actually a rude term for a woman masturbating..
So using my "friggin head" would be a very good thing:laugh:

Back