RCR GT40 MKl, Willow Springs

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
Nice , that mustang looked loose on the track you can see his rear end waving. How did it feel for you?

Felt really good. I shaved 15 seconds off my last year time and an additional 4 by learning from Gooch in the 'mustang'. He is driving 1 of 3 65 GT350 used by Carroll Shelby's school of high performance driving. This was my third time out that weekend, his first, it was also our first lap on cold tires. He is ex b production champ and drives that car on the edge.

Can't wait for the next event. Thanks for watching.

Here is another, inside, chasing a '12 Boss 302
http://youtu.be/-BmfETMI8wQ

Michael,

Great talking to you at Willow. Congrates on your improved times. Your line looked totally different than last year. The 40 was much more hooked up.

When you pulled out that's me standing behind your car trying to get the sound from your megaphones, but the wind noise was terrible. I've emailed you for a return email address so I can send what videos I did get.

Tom Tomlinson

If that was you best time it looks like you could do better you didn't look or sound like the car was pushing hard. I know my car can out drive me. Next time try and do one of those split screen front and back . I would love to come down there and do a few runs. We should set up a track across the states tour. The Bose chase looks Cool too.

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
If that was you best time it looks like you could do better you didn't look or sound like the car was pushing hard. I know my car can out drive me. Next time try and do one of those split screen front and back . I would love to come down there and do a few runs. We should set up a track across the states tour. The Bose chase looks Cool too.

I mentioned at the event I posted my best times. Two of the videos were the first lap of a 30 min session, not the fastest on cold tires, the third video was in the rain, 5 sec off my weekend best.

I figure the next time out I'll shave off another 3-4 seconds.

I mentioned at the event I posted my best times. Two of the videos were the first lap of a 30 min session, not the fastest on cold tires, the third video was in the rain, 5 sec off my weekend best.

I figure the next time out I'll shave off another 3-4 seconds.

Michael, just go as fast as you are comfortable with, setting targets can lead to disasters - I've been there!

Also, the guy in front can lead you astray unless he is "good" and in a similar car.

Have fun, Bill P

Back