RCR upcoming car questions

Hi all, I've been a lurker here for a couple years, I love the SLC and the GT's so I've half heartedly been learning about them both over the last couple years. In the next year or two i will be starting my project car, I do not know what it will be yet however. I'm 6'6" 250lbs so that narrows the possibilities a little. Like i said I love the SLC's, and i know from reading that they do have enough room for me, however I'd honestly like something a little larger than that. I've read through the "RCR's next car should be..." thread, well most of it, and it sounds like theres a new car coming out that should be a little larger than the SLC? Honestly there is so much talk in that thread that its hard to pick out whats fact and whats conjecture, from what i can take the larger car will be the robertson style gt? but track only? anyway we can get the new car stuff in its own thread? I remember reading RCR has a new site coming soon, I'm looking forward to that!

I own a couple of golf courses so racing is not something i'll ever have time for, however I am looking for a project that I'll build in my spare time in the off seasons and then enjoy in the summer time.

I'm looking to build a very streetable car, one of which I'll probably add more creature comforts to than what most people do with theirs.

One of the things I love about the SLC's is the variety of drivetrain combinations, I''ve been an Audi guy my whole life and have done numerous audi projects/swaps/restorations in the past, Part of me would love to stuff an audi V8 drivetrain in one, but at the same time, you can't go wrong with an LS set up, but having options is nice. Plus the whole package of any of RCR's cars is a pretty unbeatable setup.

I'd love to know more about the upcoming cars, the GT's are so sexy as is, the new one looks unbelievable, I think a modern street robertson gt r car would be unbelievable. I'd have some learning to do on the ford drivetrains but I'd be up to it.

Any chance of a newer/bigger car similar to an SLC?

Sorry for how random this post is, just have a lot of questions plus I'm excited to see whats coming in the future.

Thanks guys

RJ

There are a few slcs in ny, nj and ct. Mine is done in couple of days. U can swing by when weather is better. U would easily fit in slc which also has an extended foot box option. In my opinion the slc is the nicest car ive seen and cannot be understood.from.pictures. fran has lots of other awesome cars that are larger like the gt widebody which is cavernous. Drop me a pm and swing by some time.

You should plan a trip to Detroit. The extended foot box option may work, or there's always the SL-C Le Mans, especially as it's only for summer use. Another option may be the Apex, although I've no idea how much headroom there is there, but an Audi turbo might be nice.

I definitely will get out there at some point, my brother lives probably 5-10 minutes from RCR...just haven't had the time to get out there in the last few years :(

I would love to build the Robertson ford GT as a street car would be awesome. I think you could buy it and make it streetable yourself even if it's not offered from superlite as a street car.

Yes, the Robertson car is sexy, so is the SLC though, was really hoping to get some more info on these bad boys in this post....

Howard Jones

Supporter
RJ, The reason I am building a SLC is that the GT40 I have is very small inside and difficult to put two people into for Track outings. The SLC on the other hand is roomy by any two seat car standard. My guess is that it is bigger inside than a Ford GT or a new Corvette. Lots of hip width and plenty of leg room. My guess is 6'6" would have plenty of leg room. Even though the roof of the car looks relatively narrow I have seen pictures with two grown men in the car with helmets on and it looked like they fit pretty well from the shoulders up.

The standard build with a stock LS3 would be perfect as a streetcar. Maybe others could add some information as to streetcar interior suggestions.

RJ,
Fran now has a very nice full interior tub. Easy option for a street car.
Also various optional interior panels are available from RCR that may be fitted.
Standard build with an LS3 is really plenty of power for the street.

Back